DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my dish the "B" prong wont work on my dish. the "A" and "C" have a signal but nothing on the "B" so i called this guy who lives in my town who installs directv to see if he will come and realign my dish. Well he tells me i have to to through directv to set a time up. I figured id give this guy $30 for 10 minutes of work and be done. I dont understand why he just cant come and do it for me. I called direct and they gave me 2 options: pay $70 for the installer to come or pay $30 and make me pay $6 a month for some BS protection plan. Both of those options are really unexceptable. I would pay the $30 but im not siging up for the protection plan. ive always installed my(and my friends) dishes before with no problems but for some reason i cant get that stupid "B" prong to work. It really makes me mad because im missing out on my local and some HD channels. Does anybody have any recommondations.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
29 Posts
well if your referring to sat b, its the lowest satellite to receive, make sure your dish is level, and there are no obstructions in the line of sight, also make sure you have it set to the correct tilt.

If you can't get it to work, then you can call a private installer, but it will be costly. Your going to find it hard for D* installer to do it on the side, most of them are scared because of D* policy and they can lose their job. If you think about it $75 one time or $30 for a plan make sense, at least you know its done right!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,546 Posts
I suggest that, if you want it fixed, you pay the money and quit whining about it. The rates you were quoted are what it costs.

I wonder how you would feel if I told you that your pay rate for whatever you do is "unexceptable" and you should be getting less than half of that?

Nice first post, by the way.

·
AllStar
66 Posts
On Friday December 22 around 10 AM I called to arrange for the upgrade of my dish (from 3 LNBs to 5 LNBs). After the CSR played with her computer for 15 minutes and put me on hold for another 10 minutes; I was told the system was down.

She was kind-enough to take my information and told me someone would get back to me in the next 24-48 hours. To be honest, I never expect that time frame; it was the Friday before Christmas.

Will, I’m still waiting. I just went out onto their web site and I can see an open ticket, its noted ‘Nothing Scheduled’. I tried to call yesterday, but after listening to music on-hold for 40 minutes and their commercials (time, after time, after time, after time) I hung-up. No one was going to pick up that call.

How bad off are they with this Christmas rush?

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
y2todd said:
on my dish the "B" prong wont work...
Sounds like the problem is...you're (not your) referring to the LNB as a "prong". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Nick said:
Sounds like the problem is...you're (not your) referring to the LNB as a "prong". :rolleyes:
Give the guy a break. He's got one post. Maybe he's a seasoned vet, or more likely a total newb to all of this.
;)
btw, put your old avatar back up. This one is boring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.