DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a couple SD tivos (I know, wrong forum) and HDTIVOs, and then a couple HR21-700 D* DVRS

today, while streaming using a slingbox from one D* HR21 to my laptop, AND watching in the LR on an older H10-250 HDTIVO watching CNBC 355 on D*

The ADS were different during the breaks. The FEED from the satellite is the same, same dish, everything, but it would seem that the HD feed from the HR21 actually is a different feed in this market than the SD MPEG4 stream.

I have never seen that before.

Obviously, when I stream OTA NBC and also watch the NBC LOCAL channel these could be different. but, this was a first for me. Is this normal and to be expected?

· AllStar
70 Posts
tivoboy said:
So, I have a couple SD tivos (I know, wrong forum) and HDTIVOs, and then a couple HR21-700 D* DVRS

today, while streaming using a slingbox from one D* HR21 to my laptop, AND watching in the LR on an older H10-250 HDTIVO watching CNBC 355 on D*

The ADS were different during the breaks. The FEED from the satellite is the same, same dish, everything, but it would seem that the HD feed from the HR21 actually is a different feed in this market than the SD MPEG4 stream.

I have never seen that before.

Obviously, when I stream OTA NBC and also watch the NBC LOCAL channel these could be different. but, this was a first for me. Is this normal and to be expected?
Probably different ads on the SD and HD feeds. I've seen it a few times before.

· Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
Spring Rubber said:
Yeah. I've seen this all the time on channels such as TWC and TNT; typically, DirecTV will run its own ads during the local breaks on the SD feeds but simply play the raw network HD feeds even during local breaks.
Absolutely the case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.