DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a smart tv samsung 65inch I subscribe to 6 streaming apps on the tv my Wifi router I have to replace it which the streaming are on will I have to get new passwords to my streaming accounts ?

·
Godfather
987 Posts
Yup - have the same on my TV - just use the same Id passwords that I use elsewhere. Some apps/tv just have you logon to your account on another device and enter a code that the TV provides - than all logged in

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,987 Posts
Can I ask a streaming Remote Question here or do I have to start a new post ?
Since your remote control has nothing to do with the Internet and everything to do with the streaming device itself, it would be better asked in the IPTV sub-forum:

Reactions: TimeLord04

·
Godfather
577 Posts
As far as getting a new Wifi router can I or will I put in a new username and password in wifi on my tv ?
If you use the same username and password that you used before on your WiFi network you won’t have to change anything on any device. I never have and have had at least 3 routers. If you get a new device - phone, tv, tablet, etc. you will have to log into those apps on that device with whatever password you use for them. Now some routers will have or can have a separate log in to access their settings. But I use the same password for the router as I do for the WiFi network.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
If you use the same username and password that you used before on your WiFi network you won’t have to change anything on any device. I never have and have had at least 3 routers.
Same here. Any time I change wifi routers (as I did just last week), I log into its settings (through a web browser or an app provided by the router manufacturer) and change the name of the wifi network and its password to the same thing I was using on the previous router. This way I don't have to change anything on all the different devices that connect to wifi throughout the house.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,987 Posts
This way I don't have to change anything on all the different devices that connect to wifi throughout the house.
Thus extending the opportunities for another couple years to hack your password.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,987 Posts
I have to get a new Wifi router from verizon which is the best and newest to get ?
Do you need a router from Verizon or just one that will work with Verizon?

It is important that you tell us which Verizon broadband service you subscribe to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have to get a new Wifi router from verizon which is the best and newest to get ?
7-31-2022 at 4:19 PM - PDT

If you are on Verizon FIOS, the new G3100 - WiFi 6 Modem/Router goes for about $210.

[EDIT:]

Verizon FIOS G3100 Modem/Router - WiFi 6

New from Verizon, (see Link, above), goes for $299.99. [EDIT 2:] As per the documentation at the Link, (above), the G3100 'can' be extended, (IF needed), with an additional G3200 Range Extender for an ADDITIONAL $199.99 from Verizon.

TimeLord04

·
Registered
50 Posts
harsh and Timelord04 I need a router from Verizon I got one 3 weeks a go the one in link below after 2 weeks of using it stalled on gmail will not load sites bad router should I try which ever one verizon brings or ask for another model ?

Verizon FIOS Modem/Router - WiFi 6
5:07 PM - PDT

Since you've got the G3100 just 3 weeks ago, I'd have them send out a Technician to check services, the Modem/Router, and connections to and from the Modem/Router. If they determine the unit is bad, (which by your description, it seems to be), they should replace the unit at no charge. (I'd assume there's AT LEAST a 1-Yr Warranty on the unit.)

TimeLord04

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Timelord04 I had someone see about the the Modem/Router, and connections to and from the Modem/Router.with their computer did not work it stalled on gmail will not load sites bad router same as on my computer should I try which ever one verizon brings or ask for another model ?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts