DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Timelord04 I had someone see about the the Modem/Router, and connections to and from the Modem/Router.with their computer did not work it stalled on gmail will not load sites bad router same as on my computer should I try which ever one verizon brings or ask for another model ?
5:27 PM - PDT

This is why you need to have Verizon send a Technician out to professionally check services and connections, to and from the Modem/Router. There MAY be a service 'line' issue on the Fiber, or where your Fiber connects at their Central Office. However; IF the Modem/Router IS bad, in having a Verizon Technician out to check the device AND the connections and services, the Technician 'should' have a replacement available. As I said, there 'should' be at least a 1-Yr Warranty on the device.

IF THEY determine the Modem/Router IS bad, and YOU decide you want a different model, then in having the Technician out, YOU can talk to the Tech about your best options.

It is best time to have a FIOS Service Technician come out to your location.

TimeLord04

·
Registered
50 Posts
Timelord04 the Modem/Router was free am going to tell em I want a new one
5:50 PM - PDT

IF there is still Warranty on the unit, you 'should' be able to obtain a new unit from them without charge. IF they come out and determine there is NO Warranty on the unit, and you then have to purchase a replacement, the G3100 IS the newest unit available, according to my recent Web Search.

IF you have to purchase a new G3100 from Verizon, it is $299.99. IF that is too expensive, you will have to ask about options from Verizon/Verizon's Tech. [EDIT:] Used, or on e-Bay, these CAN go for about $210. But, as you've observed in being given a defective 'free' unit, you get what you pay for. There's NO guarantee you won't experience the same issues on a used unit off e-Bay.

Good Luck,

TimeLord04

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,965 Posts
Timelord04 I would be getting the Modem/Router free from Verizon not Ebay am going to tell em I want a new one
Rather than peppering us with questions, you would be best served to contact Verizon, tell them that your Internet isn't working right and ask them what they recommend. They have the tools and equipment to get you back online but they aren't going to do anything until they know you're having problems. They're also the only ones that can confirm that you don't have some other problem. It is possible that there's nothing wrong with your gateway/router.

If Gmail is the only site you're having trouble with, it is likely that Gmail is the problem as they roll out their new interface. I would avoid the topic of Gmail in talking with Verizon.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
harsh I have been on the phone with verizon said router is good it is not I had someone bring a computer see about the the Modem/Router, and connections to and from the Modem/Router.with their computer did not work it stalled on gmail and other sites will not load same as on my computerI will tell verizon brings or ask for another model ?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,965 Posts
harsh I have been on the phone with verizon said router is good it is not I had someone bring a computer see about the the Modem/Router, and connections to and from the Modem/Router.with their computer did not work it stalled on gmail and other sites will not load same as on my computerI will tell verizon brings or ask for another model ?
There is no need to repost your thoughts and findings again and again. We only need to scroll up to see where you've been.

If Verizon says that the router is good, you need to demonstrate to them (not us or any of your friends) that it isn't. Repeating your findings to us isn't going to convince Verizon of anything.

As I suggested previously, the problem may be with Gmail. Are you able to use your Verizon connection to do other things?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,965 Posts
harsh you asked Are you able to use your Verizon connection to do other things? barley
It unnecessary to summarize or re-type previous posts. If you want to quote a post, use the Reply button at the lower left of the message window:
Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Magenta Logo

Did you mean "barely"?

Are you using your Verizon connection to read and post messages here?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,965 Posts
harsh am using your Verizon connection to read and post messages here barely
You're not using my Verizon connection because I don't have one. I guess the question comes down to what "barely" means. It tells me that your connection is at least partially working.

In any event, we aren't going to be able to solve your problem. If the problem is truly with Verizon, only they can fix it but you're going to have to be much more specific than "barely" about the symtoms.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
The "PHONE" company cannot fix anything it's always a user problem -:)

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,965 Posts
harsh you have been very good to me in answering questions can I please ask you about my new 65 class OLEED 4K Smart TV Q80B Samsung tv, questions I have am not an expert please
That's a question for a different forum:

I suggest you read the operators manual because I'm not inclined to read it to you.

Reactions: makaiguy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
On a smart tv samsung 65inch I subscribe to 6 streaming apps on the tv my Wifi router I have to replace it which the streaming are on will I want a new useername and password to my streaming accounts will my ip address change ?

·
Registered
12,613 Posts
Not sure I understand your question.
If the 6 streaming apps are on your Samsung Smart TV, you will only need to change the WiFi log-in on the TV. The streaming apps will pick up the network connection from the TV. And the WiFi log-in will not affect your streaming app username/password.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
harsh for give me let me explain please around where I live their are a bunch of verizon routers which do not work in less you change ip address from v6 to v4 in the router my question is I want to change in the tv my username/password. will it remember the v4 ip address ?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts