DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Icon
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the latest greatest wifi adapter for HR20 series receiver. I just got a smart phone so I might as well set my house up for wifi , for the phone and my laptop comp and the ps3.

B

· Registered
12,615 Posts
This probably belongs in the HD DVR Forum since the HR20 is an HD DVR.

Check your DirecTV.com account. One of the best deals is their Wireless Cinema Connection Kit. It can be configured directly from the DVR's setup menus. Otherwise you can use just about any ethernet-based wireless network adapter (sometimes called "gaming adapters").

· Icon
712 Posts
I suggest you look into wireless bridges. In simple terms, you setup a main N (5 GHz) wireless router near your computer, and you add a N wireless bridge near the DVR. I have this setup for my home, and it works great with the iPad and iPhone. I have had success with Media Sharing, On demand, Pandora, YouTube, D* Apps, DirecTV2PC with this arrangement. I think the key is good signal strength, low noise levels, and selecting a channel your neighbors are not using. I could not run Cat 6 cable where the DVRs are located, so wireless fills the bill. Best wishes!

· AllStar
70 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but would the combination of an H24 and a wireless bridge (like a WET610N) allow the DIRECTV iPad app to work? I'm trying to hook up my father for his birthday, and his infrastructure is archaic.

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.