DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Godfather
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have upgraded 2 of my old Receivers a D10 and a HR10-250 to an H20 and HR20-100. DirecTv has been unable to Deactivate the D10 and HR10-250. It has been a month now and I have made 5-6 calls,went though 3-4 levels of Tech. support and had 3 "work bills" sent to some Central Office and no one can Deactivate them so far.....:rolleyes:

· Godfather
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tcusta00 said:
Hmm, that is weird. And you're still getting charged the "Additional receiver" fee for them?
Yep so far. They are suppose to credit them but I haven't seen my bill because next months not due out until 9/6. But the records have me with 5 active receivers and I only using 3. I told them as long as they credit me each month for the charges these 2 receiver have then they can keep them active...:lol:

· Registered
7,910 Posts
You can view credits in real time online - usually when anything's been added to my bill, like a PPV, it will show under the "Activity Since last bill" section.

If it's not resolved after a few calls I usually ask to speak with a supervisor - not sure if that's what you meant by "3-4 levels" of tech support.

· Godfather
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tcusta00 said:
You can view credits in real time online - usually when anything's been added to my bill, like a PPV, it will show under the "Activity Since last bill" section.

If it's not resolved after a few calls I usually ask to speak with a supervisor - not sure if that's what you meant by "3-4 levels" of tech support.
Well I started with a Std. CSR then they transfered me to a Tech,then he transfered to another and then this Tech goes to his "supervisor". They give me a special number to call with a Pin Number to check on how thing are going. So far I have went though 3 Pin numbers...LOL. So far I have spent at least 2 hrs on the phone and I feel DirecTv is trying to solve problem it just seems odd that no one can deactivate a receiver. Once the problem is corrected I am going to figure up the hours I have spent on the phone and get credit for my time,I am a Dentist and my hourly rates are high.....;)

· Icon
555 Posts
RonH said:
I have upgraded 2 of my old Receivers a D10 and a HR10-250 to an H20 and HR20-100. DirecTv has been unable to Deactivate the D10 and HR10-250. It has been a month now and I have made 5-6 calls,went though 3-4 levels of Tech. support and had 3 "work bills" sent to some Central Office and no one can Deactivate them so far.....:rolleyes:
Can't that be done online by the customer? (not that I've tried recently, but I recall at one point you could do something like that...I remember naming my receivers some....very interesting room names)

· Godfather
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ext 721 said:
Can't that be done online by the customer? (not that I've tried recently, but I recall at one point you could do something like that...I remember naming my receivers some....very interesting room names)
I think you can move the receivers listed on your account from room to room online but I don't think you can Activate and deactivate them. Even if you could I can't do a thing and apparently DirecTv can't either....:lol:

· Hall Of Fame
1,056 Posts
RonH said:
I think you can move the receivers listed on your account from room to room online but I don't think you can Activate and deactivate them. Even if you could I can't do a thing and apparently DirecTv can't either....:lol:
It may take one full billing cycle for the receivers to show up as deactivated.

· Legend
178 Posts
Stupid question, but did you have the receivers hooked up to get the deactivation? Sometimes, that's the only way they can do it. Had a friend several years ago deactivate an owned receiver which was not hooked up and he can take it out of the box, hook it up, and it works. He's not getting billed for it though. Took him 3 months 2 get taken off bill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.