DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're about to find out. A DN supervisor is on his way out to swap out box #2. He concedes that he's heard of a couple issues with the 612, but nothing like I've been experiencing. While I strongly believe this is either a heat or (more likely) a HDMI issue, I'll let DN go through the motions and let them decide how to handle this. I might just say "no mas" and buy the component cables, but I'd really rather have a box that works properly with the HDMI.

- Jim

· Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: The supervisor was just here with his "top" wiring guy (my quote of the supervisor. The guy does seem to know what he is doing). They did some tests, fiddled around a bit, and determined that there is an issue with the HDMI. They are back to their office for a new HDMI cable as well as a set of component cables. That should do the trick without swapping out another box.

I know the HDMI issue with the 612 is known on here, but they weren't familiar with a systemic problem. I don't mind being the guinea pig if it helps the technicians learn and help others.

I also want to note that while the box has been a bit wonky, the service from DN has been great. They really are making every effort to get this right.

Jim

· Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE 2: A new HDMI cable did not fix the problem, so I am currently connected via component cables. The guys did a bunch of tests, including hooking up TWO 612s to my TV. If you reset one box, both HDMI signals would return. They were about to tell me it was a problem with my television, but after some brain storming I pulled out my old 811 and hooked it up through the HDMI. No problems with the HDMI from the 811 (that old girl is bulletproof) and even better the 612 HDMI became stable.

The trainer called CS to see about waiving the fee to upgrade me to a 622, but was told I would have to pay for the upgrade. They have a meeting with the regional manager this morning and will present him with the issue then. I can run component and probably be happy, but if these guys are willing to get me the upgrade to make things completely right I won't complain. I should have an answer one way or the other tonight. Stay tuned...

Jim

· Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
Something you might want to try is e-mailing [email protected]. If you are not familiar with this group they are the Executive Resolution Team and typically do a great job of helping to solve issues you may have. For example they may be able to waive the fee for getting a new receiver. Make sure you document all that you've done to date when you e-mail them.

· Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, despite the technicians best efforts, they were unable to solve the HDMI problem and they were unable to convince the regional manager to upgrade me to a different box. I have the box hooked up with component cables and for the most part things are working okay.

That being said, I'm replacing my satellite setup with AT&T Uverse next week and integrating my TV, voice and internet into one package. At the end of the day, I got my DISH through AT&T and since they've dissolved that partnership I'm sticking with the company that has been providing me with everything but TV for years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.