DBSTalk Forum banner

Will an Installer Hook up a HD-DVR not Bought Through D*?

1K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  BattleZone 
wildbill129 said:
Not even close to the same thing. These are LEASED receivers (you don't lease brake pads) being sold by DirecTV through Costco, Best Buy, etc. These are not aftermarket DirecTV boxes. They are OEM. Even at Costco, they provide information on how to get them installed at the kiosk.....buy them, take them home, call DirecTV for an install.....In fact, when I bought mine at Best Buy, they called DirecTV for me, arranged everything, I picked up the phone and confirmed the install date. (I was upgrading my dish to go with my new Hr10-250 at the time, and I realize that was a couple of years ago....)......
Not too sure what the receivers being leased has to do with anything. Anyway, the receivers on the shelf at local stores are supposed to be for existing customers only. Any new customers that sign up through stores like BB, etc. aren't supposed to be given the equipment at the store. The store is supposed to get them an install date and then the tech brings all of the equipment listed on the workorder.

There are really only two ways to get this done. Pay the tech what it takes to get him to install it during the install (provided he has the time and the price is reasonable to you). Or you can wait until after the install, call Directv, pay them, and set up an upgrade workorder to have your receiver installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.