DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
pfueri said:
When Directv turns on D11 will they add all HD channels that are out there?What I'm saying is if it's in HD will Directv carry it?
I doubt that they will add all HD that is out there, For instance, do you want to watch Flipper in HD all day long? Or how about the channels that Dish dropped (Voom)

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
I agree with curt. There will always be some channels that aren't worth the money or bandwidth in DIRECTV's eyes.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
pfueri said:
I Guess what I ment was all the sd channels they have now if it is in HD will they carry it?
If Directv has the channel in SD and an HD feed becomes available, I would expect them to carry it as soon as D11 goes live.

·
Godfather
385 Posts
VOOM aside, what crappy HD channels (one's that are not already carried by D*...aka MTV!!!) are out there that D* wouldn't pick up?

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
As in the past, DirecTV does not announce changes to its programming until right before it is launched. IN some cases, where written agreements are signed, they do announce "future" HD channels, but no always.

In any case, I suspect you will not have to wait very long to find out about new channels once D11 is operational. Most fo the channels they intend to start up on that new bird will happen pretty quickly, while new HD LIL channels have a sequential rollout plan in place.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
myselfalso said:
VOOM aside, what crappy HD channels (one's that are not already carried by D*...aka MTV!!!) are out there that D* wouldn't pick up?
how about Family HD which shows (among other things ) Flipper in HD

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09
2,390 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
As in the past, DirecTV does not announce changes to its programming until right before it is launched. IN some cases, where written agreements are signed, they do announce "future" HD channels, but no always.

In any case, I suspect you will not have to wait very long to find out about new channels once D11 is operational. Most fo the channels they intend to start up on that new bird will happen pretty quickly, while new HD LIL channels have a sequential rollout plan in place.
I think the main one we are waiting on at my house is ABC Family and the wife is wanting Lifetime. I still would like Chiller in HD too.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
Here's the thread where you'll most likely see an announcement first on new HD channels.....

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=97211

It would appear that this thread is headed in this direction, so here's a thread already discussing new HD channel candidates:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=132095
Here is an interesting Idea, Aliens seem to be popular. Dolphins seem to be popular. How about an HD channel where Aliens kidnap Dolphins (J/K) :lol: :sure:

(OK, No more stupid, silly comments)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,572 Posts
Just Exactly When is this D11 New Satellite supposed to be ready? I keep reading all these posts about "When D11 is ready this and when D11 is ready that" But When is this thing supposed to be up and ready? Is it going to be sometime this Summer, Sometime This Fall? When?

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
Msguy said:
Just Exactly When is this D11 New Satellite supposed to be ready? I keep reading all these posts about "When D11 is ready this and when D11 is ready that" But When is this thing supposed to be up and ready? Is it going to be sometime this Summer, Sometime This Fall? When?
August or September.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,572 Posts
curt8403 said:
August or September.
Ok thanks. I am really hoping they can start getting some HD retransmission agreements inked. I'm like alot of the rest of these guys. If the Channel is available in HD i'd like for it to be on DirecTv. WGNHD, AMC HD, and Alot of the other channels that need to be on DirecTv in HD. I would also like for the extra space to be used for improvements on Local Channels. DirecTv needs to provide good crystal clear Local Channels to all the markets and not compress the signal.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
VaJim said:
....at the rate we're going...it'll be the locals in Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA:grin:
since Directv went to so much trouble for LIN channels I doubt that Norfolk will be ignored

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.