DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dish is coming tomorrow AM to install my new 622 and 322. I am changing over from D*. The existing inside coax runs were installed by the cable company I had in 1998 and the runs to the dish (25' +/-)and old Terk multiswitch were installed by me in 2001.

Should I expect Dish to install new coax?

·
Icon
625 Posts
They replace mine, both inside and outside. But they only did it after I complained a bunch about PQ. Then they came out and checked what I had (they did the first install) and decided that it wasn't what is needed for the 622.

·
AllStar
78 Posts
sthor said:
Dish is coming tomorrow AM to install my new 622 and 322. I am changing over from D*. The existing inside coax runs were installed by the cable company I had in 1998 and the runs to the dish (25' +/-)and old Terk multiswitch were installed by me in 2001.

Should I expect Dish to install new coax?
My installer did.

·
Mentor
48 Posts
they replaced my cables when they put in my 622. They couldn't get it to work over the existing cables that were running my old 942 although they did try for a couple hours before giving up and climbing under the house.

·
Mentor
40 Posts
zeekle said:
they replaced my cables when they put in my 622. They couldn't get it to work over the existing cables that were running my old 942 although they did try for a couple hours before giving up and climbing under the house.
If I have a room where I've put a hole in the floor to run cable, any chance that they'll put a real box in the wall for me? Fat chance, huh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.