DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from TVPredictions.com today. Anyone have any info on whether or not Liberty/Malone will hold onto D"? First I heard of this possibility. Which Telco would be a suitor?

Q. Hey, if Liberty Media takes over DIRECTV, any chance they will go back to TiVo's HD DVR? -- Karl M.

Possible, but not likely. Current DIRECTV owner News Corp. has committed to using non-TiVo DVR suppliers and it would cost Liberty considerable time and money to go another route at this time. Assuming, that is, Liberty takes -- and maintains -- control of the company. There's speculation that it will sell DIRECTV to one of the telcos if it gets it from News Corp. in a swap of assets.

· Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
tstarn said:
This is from TVPredictions.com today. Anyone have any info on whether or not Liberty/Malone will hold onto D"? First I heard of this possibility. Which Telco would be a suitor?

Q. Hey, if Liberty Media takes over DIRECTV, any chance they will go back to TiVo's HD DVR? -- Karl M.

Possible, but not likely. Current DIRECTV owner News Corp. has committed to using non-TiVo DVR suppliers and it would cost Liberty considerable time and money to go another route at this time. Assuming, that is, Liberty takes -- and maintains -- control of the company. There's speculation that it will sell DIRECTV to one of the telcos if it gets it from News Corp. in a swap of assets.
I have no faith in Malone as a customer, so nothing would surprise me. I do wonder why a telco would want it, though...perhaps as an option for customers where they aren't planning to run fiber soon (or ever)?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.