DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying the Archos AV500 PocketDish PVR for Christmas. However, this unit has been around for a couple years and I am wondering if Archos has any plans to upgrade it for HD recordings or other improvements. Anyone know?

· Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kentstater said:
Look at the 604.
Thanks for the tip. I looked at the CNET reveiw and Amazon user reviews and they were generally very, very good. The 604 is suppose to be the successor to the AV500. The PocketDish is a converted AV500(e) which records directly from most Dish receivers DVRs. The difference is that the PocketDish has the ability to record saved programs at very fast speeds rather than recording in real time (which I believe the 604 must do). For me, it would be important to have the fast record speed from Dish receivers, even if I don't get HD capability.

· Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are correct. I did want HD if possible for just the reason JohnL said - so I can hook it up to my brother's HDTV when I visit him. It is not crucial but it would be nice. What IS crucial is that I have the ability to record directly from my 622 in much faster than real time. I still don't know for sure if they will come out with a real 604 "PocketDish" that will do what the AV500 PocketDish will do.

· Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chriscpmtmp said:
It really would me nice to have something on my pocket dish without the dumb bars. A downrez of an HD recording would be great. I'm sure the 622 could do the processing. Chris
Are you saying that you can not "stretch" the picture to fill the Pocketdish screen?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.