DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Icon
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I created the attached diagram showing my existing internet connection and the new components I think I need to convert my unsupported ethernet MRV to a SWM / DECA MRV. I would appreciate a DBSTALK critique of the diagram's contents and not the diagram. Would this setup provide the internet to my two HR24s? Do I need the Band Stop filter shown in the diagram? Thanks to all for your past assistance and future help. Best wishes!

Attachments

· Icon
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I modified the diagram per your suggestions and added the Switch which I forgot about, see attachment.

1. Do I need the Band Stop filter?

2. Could I use a 4-way splitter with a terminator on one of the outputs inplace of the two 2-way splitters?

3. What does D* normally charge for this setup, labor and components?

Attachments

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
allenn said:
Thanks for the help. I modified the diagram per your suggestions and added the Switch which I forgot about, see attachment.

1. Do I need the Band Stop filter?

2. Could I use a 4-way splitter with a terminator on one of the outputs inplace of the two 2-way splitters?

3. What does D* normally charge for this setup, labor and components?
First, if this is a DirecTV install, they'll use a SWiMLNB instead of the SWM8.
The BSF would only be used with old SWiMs that don't have one built in.
A 4-way would work just as well.

· Icon
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
veryoldschool said:
......The BSF would only be used with old SWiMs that don't have one built in.....
Does a SWM8 have a Band Stop Filter?

I'm probably going to do the SWM / DECA MRV install myself. I currently have 4 RG6U lines running into my house from the Slim5, so a SWM-LNB would be more complicated. D* recently replaced one of the LNB's and the tech corrected the dish alignment and replaced all of the coax connectors. It looks like the component costs should be less than $200 which is reasonable.

Thanks for the assistance. You have been a great help!

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
If you get a green labeled SWM8 you won't need the bandstop filter.

· Icon
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Green label it is. eBay seems to have the best prices. I still need to see what D* will do before I order the components. Thanks again for all your help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.