DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the E* spotbeam map, it looks like the pacific northwest beam doesn't cover the northeast section of Oregon, and that's where little La Grande is located, and is part of the Portland DMA. What are they going to do about people who gets locals off the conus feed but can't get locals off the spot?

Will a bigger dish help. I have an unused direcpc dish....

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
If your in a fringe area a bigger Dish MAY help you in the regard. I would take a wait and see before you do anything, there is a good chance Dish may give you a free upgrade do to your location (they mentioned this on an earlier retailer chat)

·
DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru
443 Posts
What is your current signal strengh for TP3? If you can lock on TP3 then you should be able to get Portland if it goes on TP1.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
I'm disappointed. I don't get any of the spot beams (even though I wouldn't have locals on them, I hate to see 4 transponders with no signal). What I don't get is why they can't send a spot over here and use Echo6 to carry some CONUS material. Why is Echo6 down?

·
DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru
443 Posts
Mike TP1 on Echo7 is for spotbeams. TP1 has not been turned on on Echo7. The North-West Beam is allocated to TPs 1&3. If Lee is able to receive a signal on TP3 then if TP1 is turned on for spots and Portland goes to TP1 then Lee will be able to receive the Portland locals. If Lee isn't able to receive a signal on TP3 and TP1 is turned on for spots and Portland moves to TP1 then he most likely won't be able to receive Portland.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.