DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Godfather
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
topic pretty much says it all. Normally I don't care that much, but this last update has messed up all my dvr functions on mpeg4.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
Earl said it's 25% likely, which basically means it's not happening. Rumor has it that the next update is going to bring on new features, not just bug fixes.

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Earl said it's 25% likely, which basically means it's not happening. Rumor has it that the next update is going to bring on new features, not just bug fixes.
For the love of crap...I wish they would get the bugs fixed first. Screw OTA, Hard drives and whatever else. Make my system not lockup or miss recordings...PLEASE.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
dbdynsty25 said:
For the love of crap...I wish they would get the bugs fixed first. Screw OTA, Hard drives and whatever else. Make my system not lockup or miss recordings...PLEASE.
I agree completely. If the next update does indeed contain new features and there are still fundamental problems with the unit, I will be pissed.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Rumor has it that the next update is going to bring on new features, not just bug fixes.
Did I miss these rumor posts Jeremy? :D

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Jeremy W said:
dbdynsty25 said:
As of right now... I am not expecting an update tonight...
That can change though, rapidly... but as of this moment... don't hold your breath.

As for the next update having new features...
Not really... there is I think one GUI enhancement in there, but no new features... the primary purpose of the next update is to correct the FF issues and continue to improve the stability of the box.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Not really... there is I think one GUI enhancement in there, but no new features... the primary purpose of the next update is to correct the FF issues and continue to improve the stability of the box.
Well that's good news. I could have sworn I read a post on here (not from you, should have tipped me off) that the next update would have new features. I'm glad to hear that's not true!

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Well that's good news. I could have sworn I read a post on here (not from you, should have tipped me off) that the next update would have new features. I'm glad to hear that's not true!
The GUI enhancement is that now the trickplay icons will turn plaid instead of pink :D

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
PoitNarf said:
The GUI enhancement is that now the trickplay icons will turn plaid instead of pink :D
What... they introduce LUDICROUS speed?

·
DBSTalk Club Member
49 Posts
Any chance this udpate will fix the deletion of recordings if the sat signal is lost?!? This one is the worst I've experienced so far.

·
Godfather
256 Posts
premio said:
topic pretty much says it all. Normally I don't care that much, but this last update has messed up all my dvr functions on mpeg4.
I'm sort of new to this. You mean your HR20 was working better before the 00DC software upgrade last Wednesday? My HR20 was installed last Tuesday and recieved the upgrade Wendnesday morning. I've already had to send one back and the new one they sent me continues to do random lockups? I'm so tired of resetting this thing it's not even funny.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
What... they introduce LUDICROUS speed?
Okay - that made me laugh. But from now on Earl, I am going to picture you with a ridiculously large vader helmet on while I'm reading all your posts. Which will make me laugh more.

Just thought I'd share that.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
As of right now... I am not expecting an update tonight...
That can change though, rapidly... but as of this moment... don't hold your breath.

I will be very happy if they just fix the FF problem and other stability issues.

As far as turning on new features; I'm just hoping they mega test them before letting them loose on us. I've been relatively stable and really enjoy this box.

·
Godfather
415 Posts
Jeremy W said:
I believe HDTVFan made a post to that effect.

·
Godfather
305 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.