DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if anymore RSN's will go full time HD? I live in Reds and Braves MLB Territory. Just wondering if Channels Like FSN South, SportSouth, and FSN Ohio-Cincinnati will be HD in Full Time and start broadcasting more of these games in HD. Instead of just Some games in HD from Time To Time.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,838 Posts
Msguy said:
I'm curious if anymore RSN's will go full time HD? I live in Reds and Braves MLB Territory. Just wondering if Channels Like FSN South, SportSouth, and FSN Ohio-Cincinnati will be HD in Full Time and start broadcasting more of these games in HD. Instead of just Some games in HD from Time To Time.
Satelliteracer posted in one of the D11 threads that there are 12 FSN RSNs that are going 24x7 as part of the HD expansion on 8/14.

I'll see if I can dig up the post

·
12,225 Posts
Msguy said:
Yep, expecting all 3 on 8/14.

Expecting on 8/14:
  • FSN Arizona HD
  • FSN Cincinnati HD
  • FSN Florida HD
  • FSN Midwest HD
  • FSN North HD
  • FSN Northwest HD
  • FSN Ohio HD
  • FSN Pittsburgh HD
  • FSN Rocky Mountain HD
  • FSN South HD
  • Sports South HD
  • Sunshine Sports HD

·
Godfather
306 Posts
Sixto said:

Expecting on 8/14:
  • FSN Arizona HD
  • FSN Cincinnati HD
  • FSN Florida HD
  • FSN Midwest HD
  • FSN North HD
  • FSN Northwest HD
  • FSN Ohio HD
  • FSN Pittsburgh HD
  • FSN Rocky Mountain HD
  • FSN South HD
  • Sports South HD
  • Sunshine Sports HD
Thats interesting. I recieve FSN Florida on cable full time, however when there is not a game on it is just the FSN logo in a screen saver type mode.

Does FSN still have some more work to do before next week?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,224 Posts
Probably like a lot of the channels Directv has in HD. 2 or 3 shows in HD even though they dedicate a 24 hour channel to it so that when they start showing more, it's there and people don't have to cry about wanting it.

·
Legend
419 Posts
Sixto said:

Expecting on 8/14:
  • FSN Arizona HD
  • FSN Cincinnati HD
  • FSN Florida HD
  • FSN Midwest HD
  • FSN North HD
  • FSN Northwest HD
  • FSN Ohio HD
  • FSN Pittsburgh HD
  • FSN Rocky Mountain HD
  • FSN South HD
  • Sports South HD
  • Sunshine Sports HD
No sign of CSN Bay Area or CSN West (Sacramento)?

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
FSN has built out their new HD studio and many of the FSNs will start broadcasting a lot more HD this fall and winter. So this is getting prepared for that. After all, if the channel will be HD for 6+ hours every day and nearly all day on the weekends might as well make it 24x7 since they have to allocate the bandwidth for it anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.