DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, does anybody here think there will ever be a new DISHPlayer software version? I'm almost begining to doubt it...

G

·
I'm sure there will be a software upgrade. Supposedly they're working on one now.

I doubt however that Dishplayer will ever work as well as it should. It was a great concept but the partnership arrangement behind its development caused significant problems.

I like my Dishplayer though. It's classy looking and was cheap. I can put up with its shortcomings.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Lets just keep our fingers crossed, I'm glad to here there working on something for the dishplayer. :)

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Originally posted by mitya001
I heard that microsoft is testing it's new software. I think it's going to be ready in about a month(I hope so).:)
Actually on the Dealer Charlie Chat from Last week Charlie mentioned how much trouble he is having with his Dishplayer.

Dish HAS received new software from Microsoft and they are testing it out. It was said that the software does correct all the problems however they are testing everything that was working good before to make sure the fixes did not break things that were not broken.

They mentioned that the fix (if no bug are found) should be out in a few weeks. I would guess we would see something before May.

Scott

·
AllStar
53 Posts
I don't know if I even want anymore upgrades. They have constantly fiddled with the software, with very little actual results if you think about it. It just seems new versions bring on their own new set of glitches. I download them with with my eyes closed and fingers crossed anymore. If your a former Webtv user as I was, then you run when you see an upgrade listed, lol.;)

G

·
I tlaked to the head of Dish tech support and he assured me that yes they have new SW found some problems with it, got those fixed and were still testing. He Believes we will have new SW by the 1st of April.

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
but it is hard to accept the word of an unregistered guest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.