DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Cool Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm supposed to have my new box installed on Saturday. But after reading the forums. I'm wondering if they will take my Tivo when they come to do the install? I have a ton of shows I haven't watched yet and want to burn to DVD. I own the DirecTivo box I have and they gave me the new HR20 box for free. I would hate to give up a box I paid for. I much rather swap it out with one of my other tivo boxes I have in the house.
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
50 Posts
RunnerFL said:
No, they will not take it, especially if you own it.
I spoke to D* last Tuesday and I was offered the $99 HR20 & AT9 upgrade. I paid $99 on my credit card and they credited $99 to my D* account. Been a Platinum subscriber for 7 years and haven't asked retention for much.....

I was told that I needed to return my HR10. I argued and argued, placed on hold and still told I needed to return it. I even asked for it to be relocated...

Basically I am concerned with all the bugs with the HR20 so I want to hold on the the HR10 for a failback just in case...or use it in another room in the house.

I am hoping to sweet talk the installer. If he insists on taking it, I may think twice about this until the HR20 gets stabilized.

Swapping out my fully functional, wife approved DTivo for a machine with a new interface, may miss shows to record and freeze up may not go over so well in my house....

AJ
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
34 Posts
dragonheartck said:
I'm supposed to have my new box installed on Saturday. But after reading the forums. I'm wondering if they will take my Tivo when they come to do the install? I have a ton of shows I haven't watched yet and want to burn to DVD. I own the DirecTivo box I have and they gave me the new HR20 box for free. I would hate to give up a box I paid for. I much rather swap it out with one of my other tivo boxes I have in the house.
I heplaced 2 hr10-250s amd they did not even ask to take them back.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,059 Posts
ACOMIRE, I got the exact same deal as you did, but when I told them I wanted to relocate the HR10-250, they said fine. Call them back, there's no reason for them to take your Tivo.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,423 Posts
acomire said:
I was told that I needed to return my HR10. I argued and argued, placed on hold and still told I needed to return it. I even asked for it to be relocated...
You got one of the idiot CSR's then. If you own the unit you do not have to give it back under any circumstances ever, it is your unit. Also if you ask them to relocate it they are supposed to do that for you, they can't refuse.

I had them "swap" my leased HR10 for a new HR20 and they still didn't take the HR10 so if they aren't going to do it for a Lease there is no way they'll do it for one you own.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
-If you own your HR10-250 (Got in before March 1, 2006) then you are not required to return it. Make sure it is not reported as leased however, you can correct it if it is.

-If you lease your HR10-250 (Got in on or after March 1, 2006) then you are required to return it. You will get a return kit from DirecTV via FedEx with a prepaid return package. You must respond to this return request within a 7 day period, just call the toll free number to have FedEx pick it up at your door for free.
-Note: if your going to add the HR10-250 as another set in the household, and it's leased, then you should be allowed to hold on to it for another set.

If your not satisfied call Retention @ 1-800-824-9081.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,423 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
-If you lease your HR10-250 (Got in on or after March 1, 2006) then you are required to return it.
No you are not.

You are not required to return the box unless you have deactivated it and taken it off your account. If he does not deactivate it then he does NOT have to return it.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top