DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While viewing HD on the Vip622 in one room, can a different remotely selectable channel in SD be watched on SD Tv's in two separate rooms? Would a new installation DISH installer provide the hardware to split the SD signal out of the 622 via diplexers (to use the existing coax in-wall installed cable) as part of the "Free" installation?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
traveler said:
While viewing HD on the Vip622 in one room, can a different remotely selectable channel in SD be watched on SD Tv's in two separate rooms? Would a new installation DISH installer provide the hardware to split the SD signal out of the 622 via diplexers (to use the existing coax in-wall installed cable) as part of the "Free" installation?
Essentially any number of TV's (until the signal deteriorates too much) can be connected to the Home Distribution output. But the Diplexers for this are not part of the official "Free" installation. And in dual mode you can pick to watch TV1 or TV2 output on your remote TV, if you enable tv1 to output in Modulator output (menu 6 1 5) on.

·
Mentor
31 Posts
traveler said:
Be very nice to your installer, and maybe! ;)

I was asking if it was even possible, and he just said, "oh yeah...no problem." Didn't take him much time, and now I can watch TV2 in my master bedroom, the front room and through a TVBox on a 15" monitor in my kids' play room.

Before he started, I saw on the contract that it stated that it was supposed to be one outlet for each ouput only, and he said, "you're mostly wired for it...no problem."

I gave him $40, as much for the fact that he was a nice guy who knew answers to every question I asked, was nice to my kids and seemed to care, as for putting a few minutes into helping me out.

But then...I've been lucky with my installers!

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So do you only pay a monthly fee for the Vip622 receiver, ie $5.98? I tried using DishBuilder and in addition to the programming & one time $199 Vip622 payment, they want to charge a receiver lease fee of $5 and of course the $5.98 DVR fee.

Correction : The DishBuilder doesn't recognize I'd just want to split the 622 SD out to two SD receivers, so was adding a monthly fee for a second satellite receiver! When I entered into DishBuilder one SD TV in addition to the HDTV, the $5 rcvr lease fee disappeared.

I wonder when I speak to a live DISH rep to sign up, if they will be able to tell the installer to split the SD signal between two receivers? Or should I handle the SD distribution subject directly with the DISH installer?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
traveler said:
So do you only pay a monthly fee for the Vip622 receiver, ie $5.98? I tried using DishBuilder and in addition to the programming & one time $199 Vip622 payment, they want to charge a receiver lease fee of $5 and of course the $5.98 DVR fee.

Correction : The DishBuilder doesn't recognize I'd just want to split the 622 SD out to two SD receivers, so was adding a monthly fee for a second satellite receiver! When I entered into DishBuilder one SD TV in addition to the HDTV, the $5 rcvr lease fee disappeared.

I wonder when I speak to a live DISH rep to sign up, if they will be able to tell the installer to split the SD signal between two receivers? Or should I handle the SD distribution subject directly with the DISH installer?
The installer will need to know that it will be going to 2 different locations. So just simply tell the CSR that the dish will be going to 2 different rooms for TV sets. I think this is what you are asking. You are asking about having 1 VIP 622 that has a HDTV in one room and then SD TV in other location in the house?

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whatchel1 said:
The installer will need to know that it will be going to 2 different locations. So just simply tell the CSR that the dish will be going to 2 different rooms for TV sets. I think this is what you are asking. You are asking about having 1 VIP 622 that has a HDTV in one room and then SD TV in other location in the house?
One HDTV in one room but the SD split to SD sets in two other rooms. The SD rooms would be watching the same SD channel output from the Vip622.
So should I tell the CSR that I want to split the SD signal or is it better to tell the installer to do the split when he comes out? (In other words only tell the CSR one HDTV and one SD TV?)

·
Legend
239 Posts
traveler said:
One HDTV in one room but the SD split to SD sets in two other rooms. The SD rooms would be watching the same SD channel output from the Vip622.
So should I tell the CSR that I want to split the SD signal or is it better to tell the installer to do the split when he comes out? (In other words only tell the CSR one HDTV and one SD TV?)
Just tell the CSR the bare minimum...622 for an HDTV and 2nd room.
Be ever-so-friendly when the installer comes over, and he is able to connect the 622 to as many TVs as is possible...corporate doesn't have to know.
My installer threw in some extra stuff for me (which I paid him for though he didn't ask).
I just had to bring up options...and he worked with me.
Good luck!
It's now ending day 2 of the 622, and I'm hooked! Great machine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.