DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Dish installed yesterday with the 722 HD/DVR receiver. I have my locals, but not in HD. If I want my locals in HD, can I purchase one of the following OTA HD antennas, hook it up to my receiver, and start watching...or am I way off on what needs to be done? These antennas are from Monoprice http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10901
I live in West Des Moines, IA 50266.
I attempted to search the forums for similar posts and didn't find what I was looking for.

· Legend
113 Posts
The original poster said he has his locals.

Those antennas may work for you if you are fairly close to your local broadcast towers. Otherwise, you will probably need an larger outdoor antenna.

They might be worth a try, given their low price.

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
justwayne said:
If you didn't sign up w/ Dish for you locals, the OTA locals will not show up in your guide.
Man have you got this wrong. To get OTA, all you need is an appropriate antenna wired into the 722 and the locals scanned in. You will not get guide info if you don't subscribe to your locals package through Dish, but the stations DO appear in the receiver's guide.

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
brandnewhawk said:
I had Dish installed yesterday with the 722 HD/DVR receiver. I have my locals, but not in HD. If I want my locals in HD, can I purchase one of the following OTA HD antennas, hook it up to my receiver, and start watching...or am I way off on what needs to be done? These antennas are from Monoprice http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10901
I live in West Des Moines, IA 50266.
I attempted to search the forums for similar posts and didn't find what I was looking for.
There are a number of sites to give you info as to the antenna type you need. One is www.antennaweb.org, there is also another that many posters swear by but I don't recall that site at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.