DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,395 Posts
Yeah I think windows won't be charging for OS anymore as long as you stay up to date. I see no reason not to go windows 10 and then ride the free updates here on out. So end of July. That's when I'll also do some major house cleaning for my computer.

·
Premium Member
24,395 Posts
Rich said:
OK, in clear layman's language, should I keep 8.1 and the skin that allows me to use 8.1 as System 7 or should I take the leap and go for 10? I have absolutely no idea what to do about this. I was gonna PM you and ask you the same question but I think it's better to do it on the open forum. Right now, I'm absolutely happy with my computers. But I'm curious about 10.

Rich
Plunge from what I have seen. Seems to be close to win7 but some nice upgrades keep on some of the good features that win8.1 has. That's the theory anyway... I used the test version for a few days months ago and seemed pretty good to me to get around.

·
Premium Member
24,395 Posts
People hated windows 8 IMHO because of two things. it tried to move toward a mac system for storing files which is absolutely fine to me. But by also moving to giant tiles like a freaking tablet and making it impossible to see without doing something (no task bar for many apps) and multiple presses to swap programs most people thought it was stupid. And I have to agree with that part. Making it hard to swap visually for the non power user was a massive miscalculation IMHO.

·
Premium Member
24,395 Posts
SeaBeagle said:
Saw that, but the file directories still do not look like Windows XP.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB using DBSTalk mobile application.
Again what exactly are you looking for? As much that has changed files are kept in the same format as they always have been and it really hasn't changed much at all.

·
Premium Member
24,395 Posts
SeaBeagle said:
that is because when in other forums guys instead of answering questions from women ask them personal information and things like that.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB using DBSTalk mobile application.
That's unfortunate. But I doubt that's an issue here. Or at least hope not. Maybe make your avatar here something that makes it obvious for the majority of people here that don't know.

·
Premium Member
24,395 Posts
I may just get a new mac mini in the next few years and be down to only a laptop that runs windows. I doubt my desktop will run 11. I built it quite a while back. And when my laptop dies, not sure if I’d get another windows or go Apple for that too.

·
Premium Member
24,395 Posts
I have a 2019 Intel MacBook Pro that runs Windows 10 via Bootcamp. It serves my needs well but now says it won't run Windows 11.
I will not buy a Windows computer for 11. I will also not buy Parallels to run it if it becomes available.
Parallels charges for yearly updates and I just don't need Windows that bad.

My wife has a new M1 iMac. Besides my MacBook Pro I have a new M1 Mac Mini. I am down to only one program that requires Windows and I can easily do without it.
How do you like the m1 macs? Are they great? Or not a lot different than the other intel ones in your experience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts