DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
454 Posts
I can't stand the whole flat/simple graphics look. all of the screen shots of seen of Windows 10 have the UI of what looks like Windows 3.1, especially the titles of windows.

Computers are getting more advanced than ever, especially with graphics, why do we keep going backwards in the graphics area??

· Registered
454 Posts
MysteryMan said:
Windows Media Center is not part of Windows 10. Microsoft knows there are some users who use Windows Media Center to play DVDs and is providing a free DVD playback app in Windows 10 for Windows Media Center users.
No built in DVD playback? What a terrible idea. there are plenty of people who have desktops with full DVD drives.

· Registered
454 Posts
armophob said:
Upgraded to 10 yesterday from 8.1 on my Dell.
My Firefox seems sluggish now.
So I tried to open IE. I have no idea what that is that has replaced it, but I cannot use it.
I found an icon that says favorites, and clearly it did not import mine.

I hope there is a way to regress back to a format I understand.
You should switch to Chrome and call it a day. you can log in with your Gmail and sync favorites across all devices. Showed that feature to my mom and she loves it! And it finally made her stop using IE!

· Registered
454 Posts
We have a small Acer laptop that we got free as a result of a class action lawsuit about floppy drives in eMachines brand computers being faulty, and it has been used very little because of Windows 8. Never even bothered to go to 8.1. I mentioned to my mother that we could get 10 for free and she said to give it a try. I booted it up last night and there were 111 updates to install. Restarted and there were another 6. Finally got it to start downloading 8.1 this afternoon and now it's installing that. Hopefully 8.1 to 10 goes a little faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts