DBSTalk Forum banner
461 - 480 of 1134 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
dennisj00 said:
Wasn't this in 7 and 8/8.1 ??
I have been running 7 for 4 years and I never saw it do that. That does not mean that it wouldn't, I just never saw it.
I have never run 8 or 8.1.

·
Hall Of Fame
9,690 Posts
jimmie57 said:
I have been running 7 for 4 years and I never saw it do that. That does not mean that it wouldn't, I just never saw it.
I have never run 8 or 8.1.
I don't have a 7 or 8 around anymore but I think it was the same in both. I currently have over 20 browser tabs to the point that it shows one 'Internet Explorer' tab in the task bar and if you hover over it and hover over a line item, it pulls that item full screen - or goes away if you don't select it. Other tabs (Dos, Notepad, etc,) just show a small thumbnail.

·
Registered
23,065 Posts
dennisj00 said:
I don't have a 7 or 8 around anymore but I think it was the same in both. I currently have over 20 browser tabs to the point that it shows one 'Internet Explorer' tab in the task bar and if you hover over it and hover over a line item, it pulls that item full screen - or goes away if you don't select it. Other tabs (Dos, Notepad, etc,) just show a small thumbnail.
Same with 7's Aero effects (thanks Mark). Hover over the task manager icon, and you see a small preview. Hover over the preview, it blows up to full-screen. If you don't finally select it, it disappears.

·
Hall Of Fame
9,690 Posts
Steve said:
Same with 7's Aero effects (thanks Mark). Hover over the task manager icon, and you see a small preview. Hover over the preview, it blows up to full-screen. If you don't finally select it, it disappears.
By 'Task Manager' are you meaning the new 'Task Viewer' ? Or do you have TM pinned to the taskbar?

The Task Viewer would be nice to add the Task Manager as a window.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
Steve said:
I did not like, still don't, like the Aero views. My old eyes want to see something solid.

·
Premium Member
36,675 Posts
Mark Holtz said:
I updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 this morning. Unlike the UberBoxen, this was a smooth upgrade.
Brand and model of laptop, please. I'm still iffy about upgrading my Lenovo Z710. I'd appreciate any comments from anyone having the same laptop I have.

Rich

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
Rich said:
Brand and model of laptop, please. I'm still iffy about upgrading my Lenovo Z710. I'd appreciate any comments from anyone having the same laptop I have.

Rich
I don't have the Z10, but my Y510p is similar, except I think in the graphics card. I've been using Windows 10 since the first Insider build came out.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
I had a real mess this morning and I am pretty sure it was my own doing. I had never signed into the Microsoft Account since I downloaded the Windows Live email several years ago. That was all I was using.
Well, I signed in this morning. The default on Sync under Change Account Settings defaults to all ON.
This immediately cross imported all the shortcuts from my Laptop and Desktop and thus created Duplicate entries for all. The reason it did that was because I routinely name them something short and direct and they are not all consistent. Example on one machine I called Yahoo Email, Email Yahoo. To the machine those are different. It took me a couple of hours to undo all of that.

Then I discovered the Microsoft Password was my password for my desktop and I had not been using one to log in with . For curiosity I logged off my Laptop and then back on. NOT. The Password for the laptop was now the Microsoft Account password.
I now have Sync set to ON and all options individually set to OFF. I have the laptop back to it's original password but did not get the desktop to do that for some reason. I can live with it for now. LOL, maybe until tomorrow.

Then I moved onto another problem with Homegroup. I eventually found that I had to Shutdown each computer, then start up one, then create the Homegroup and then the second machine could join it.
Mercy ! Too much monkey business for today.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,893 Posts
After my fight with my SSD and finally getting Win 10 to install, I've run into an odd problem...and I guess I'm not the only one.

I can't move my desktop icons. They will re-arrange if I change the way they are viewed, but can't move them individually.

I've tried many of the 'fixes' out there but none have worked. I have not created a new userid yet. That seems drastic.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
dmspen said:
After my fight with my SSD and finally getting Win 10 to install, I've run into an odd problem...and I guess I'm not the only one.

I can't move my desktop icons. They will re-arrange if I change the way they are viewed, but can't move them individually.

I've tried many of the 'fixes' out there but none have worked. I have not created a new userid yet. That seems drastic.

Anyone else have this issue?
Did you Right click on an open space on the Desktop, Then Click on View and Uncheck the mark by Auto Arrange or Align Icons to Grid ?

Reactions: Steve

·
Hall Of Fame
1,893 Posts
jimmie57 said:
Did you Right click on an open space on the Desktop, Then Click on View and Uncheck the mark by Auto Arrange or Align Icons to Grid ?
Yes, all the obvious items have been tried. Some have had this issue with Stardock's Fences program. My next step is to uninstall Fences.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
dmspen said:
Yes, all the obvious items have been tried. Some have had this issue with Stardock's Fences program. My next step is to uninstall Fences.
I am not familiar with that program.
Good luck with it. Let us know what the problem is when you find it.
Thanks

I just looked that Fences program up and I can see where it is probably the problem.

461 - 480 of 1134 Posts