DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Icon
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does this "service" say it is "started" when it isn't?

-I am running a hardwired connection to my d-link wireless router

-xp2 home

-wmp11 (recognizes "unknown" device(hr20))

-after about 2-6 songs in a Playlist it kicks out(back to sat).
--won't see my main computer until after I restart a "started" mpnss again!

(repeat initial problem)

Any Ideas?? num as rocks over here!!

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
jlancaster said:
Why does this "service" say it is "started" when it isn't?

-I am running a hardwired connection to my d-link wireless router

-xp2 home

-wmp11 (recognizes "unknown" device(hr20))

-after about 2-6 songs in a Playlist it kicks out(back to sat).
--won't see my main computer until after I restart a "started" mpnss again!

(repeat initial problem)

Any Ideas?? num as rocks over here!!
Which version of HR20 software are you running?
Are both the HR20 and the PC hardwired? (Just checking)
Does the PC still indicate that the services are running or do they need to be restarted each time too?

Cheers,
Tom

·
Icon
730 Posts
Running 0x108 on HR20. PC is running HME SP2. Both Viiv 1.5 and WMP 11 media sharing services running. Works great for about 15 min and then HR20 stops its connection with computer. A red button reset takes care of the problem. HR20 hooked up to a Linksys XBOX game adapter, which is acting as my wireless bridge. That is plugged into a standard 5 port hub along with my HR20, XBOX, and XBOX 360. All of which work. HR20 is set up to use static IP. HR20 peters out with either static IP or auto assigned IP. I think it is just a bug in the HR20 software.

·
Icon
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tibber said:
Which version of HR20 software are you running?
Are both the HR20 and the PC hardwired? (Just checking)
Does the PC still indicate that the services are running or do they need to be restarted each time too?

Cheers,
Tom
10B
yes
Yes still "started"
Only the service needs to be restarted.

Thanks for your input.

·
Icon
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strejcek said:
Running 0x104 on HR20. PC is running HME SP2. Both Viiv 1.5 and WMP 11 media sharing services running. Works great for about 15 min and then HR20 stops its connection with computer. A red button reset takes care of the problem. HR20 hooked up to a Linksys XBOX game adapter, which is acting as my wireless bridge. That is plugged into a standard 5 port hub along with my HR20, XBOX, and XBOX 360. All of which work. HR20 is set up to use static IP. HR20 peters out with either static IP or auto assigned IP. I think it is just a bug in the HR20 software.
No viiv 1.5 but same problem... Hey Strejcek try restarting "windows media player network sharing service" found in admin in control panel--admin services-:wmpnss

let me know if it works for you...is only a temp fix (another 15 min) no other big resets!

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
You're welcome :)

Next thing I'd do is check the PC's event viewer logs to see if there are entries for the failures.

And several users have reported better luck by reloading WMP (or an update to WMP.)

Good luck,
Tom

·
Icon
730 Posts
jlancaster said:
No viiv 1.5 but same problem... Hey Strejcek try restarting windows media player network sharing service found in admin in control panel--admin services-:wmpnss

let me know if it works for you...is only a temp fix (another 15 min) no other big resets!
That got it working again, however, it is not picking up all my music this time. And before the HR20 crapped out this time, I got a message saying my computer logged off. First time I saw that.

·
Icon
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tibber said:
You're welcome :)

Next thing I'd do is check the PC's event viewer logs to see if there are entries for the failures.

And several users have reported better luck by reloading WMP (or an update to WMP.)

Good luck,
Tom
Tried that 3 times now...Still the same problem.
Thank You though!

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
watch out for power management stuff too pc may try to sleep and disconnect.. I think I saw something special in the Viiv stuff about keeping it on during a sleep.. my file server has security cams on it too and therefor never sleeps and it has been working fine since thurs night...

·
Icon
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
houskamp said:
watch out for power management stuff too pc may try to sleep and disconnect.. I think I saw something special in the Viiv stuff about keeping it on during a sleep.. my file server has security cams on it too and therefor never sleeps and it has been working fine since thurs night...
It has happened here at least 4 times tonight -no powerdown-

Keepem comming Please

·
Legend
157 Posts
the only problem i had is that i tried to load up 26gb of mp3s into wmp. the hr20can not see all that data at once and froze up everytime i would try to access it. i select only a few tracks for the wmp and it works like a charm.

·
Icon
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been going for about an hour now... the only thing I am doing is ff the end of the song and starting a new pictures in the background...picked right up after I left off!!
The only thing I can think is that it(hr20-dell) doesn't like ANY sort of pause in music or otherwise........what do I care if ice cicles form how much it may storm I Love DEAN

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
I got the logged off message twice today and the third time I had to try to get these devices back in sync got me really frustrated. RBR seemed to fix me last time.

How many "computers" does your HR20 see. mine sees two but they are really just two different profiles on the same PC.

Strejcek said:
That got it working again, however, it is not picking up all my music this time. And before the HR20 crapped out this time, I got a message saying my computer logged off. First time I saw that.

·
Icon
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mixer said:
I got the logged off message twice today and the third time I had to try to get these devices back in sync got me really frustrated. RBR seemed to fix me last time.

How many "computers" does your HR20 see. mine sees two but they are really just two different profiles on the same PC.
It sees the laptop only for me...
If I although if I ff a song at the end it continues to work.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
So you have to hit FWD at the end of every song in order to keep your going? Might be time for you to enroll in my "time to throw in the towel" thread

:lol:

Seriously thoughif I were you i would at least give Twonky or Tversity a try.

jlancaster said:
It sees the laptop only for me...
If I although if I ff a song at the end it continues to work.

·
Icon
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mixer said:
So you have to hit FWD at the end of every song in order to keep your going? Might be time for you to enroll in my "time to throw in the towel" thread

Its been going for at leaste 3 hrs

·
Icon
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
for u folks in the same boat(don't rock) a simple pause and a ff to the end of the song....does the trick

·
Icon
869 Posts
Mixer said:

If anyone has gotten TVersity to work I would love to hear from you. I can not get WMP11 to work on my XPHome Box.

Thanks.

·
Legend
150 Posts
I found that if I let 3 songs play all the way the "connection" will drop. During the last 30 seconds or so of the third song the "transport" will revert back to TV and when the song is over the channels audio starts. Restarting the wmpnss service will make it work again for 3 songs. There was nothing in the event viewer and I am using 0x108.

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Has anyone found a fix to the HR20 disconnecting after ~7 minutes? My setup works fine, except that it stops playing music and reverts to the SAT sound every 7 minutes. Any work arounds?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.