DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I ordered a Hughes GCEBO Executive Director Receiver as an upgrade for one of my two existing units. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow via UPS. Tonight, while surfing through the DirecTV website I read that the HUGHES GCEBO is one of the receivers that is equipped to receive WINK interactive service at no additional charge. If anyone has had experience with WINK I would appreciate any info that you could pass along. I printed out the page that has a listing of all the channels that utilize WINK. There are 20 channels with WINK Enhanced programming and 6 Dedicated Interactive channels.

G

·
WINK is ok!, I like it.
Heres the Wink channels with enhanced content.
CNN
CNN HEADLINE NEWS
ESPN
ESPN2
E!
TNT-SELECT
TBS-SELECT
OXYGEN
TLC
DISCOVERY
LIFETIME-SELECT
BLOOMBERG
CNBC
TECH TV-SELECT
TWC
SHOP NBC
CBS-SELECT
NBC-SELECT
SHOWTIME EAST &WEST

OTHER CHANNELS HAVE WINK ENHANCED COMMERCIALS

WINK VIRTUAL CHANNELS
488 NBC INTERACTIVE
490 ESPN TODAY
492 INSTANT WEATHER BY TWC
494 MUSIC CHOICE INTERACTIVE STORE (coming soon)
496 BARNES & NOBLES INTERACTIVE
497 NFL INTERACTIVE (nfl season only)
499 DTV INTERACTIVE CENTER

GO TO www.wink.com
FOR DEMOS

·
Godfather
334 Posts
I would like it on my DirecTiVo.

·
4 Posts
Is Wink supported in any other receiver? Do the Sony UTV receivers support it (or have similar capability)? I have both the Hughes and the Sony UTVs in transit.
TIA,
SteveK

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
I think only the RCA's support Wink (I could be wrong however) My 429RE has it.

I think the Wink content is better then anything that Dish has done with its OpenTV.

·
Godfather
334 Posts
The Hughes Director and Executive Director BOTH support Wink.

·
Godfather
334 Posts
C'mon, what's better than Carrot Mania ? :lol:
Originally posted by Scott Greczkowski
I think the Wink content is better then anything that Dish has done with its OpenTV.

·
Legend/Supporter
254 Posts
All DirecTV receivers introduced within the past year that don't have advanced features (meaning HDTV, TiVo, or UltimateTV) are Wink enabled, regardless of the brand.

·
Legend
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by timf
All DirecTV receivers introduced within the past year that don't have advanced features (meaning HDTV, TiVo, or UltimateTV) are Wink enabled, regardless of the brand.
I was going to get TIVO but decided to wait because I read that there will be a second generation of TIVO products introduced later this year. At that time I expect to replace my remaining older Hughes receiver with the new version of TIVO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.