DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.electronichouse.com/article/monster_announces_wireless_hd_kit

Monster just announced a joint effort with Sigma Designs, for a wireless HDTV kit. The Monster Wireless Digital Express HD hooks a home's HDTV with a digital signal box or DVD player, and promises full 1080p video 30 feet away using the ultra-wideband or 330 feet over existing coaxial cable. The new product uses Sigma's Wireless HDAV for High-Definition (HD) A/V cable replacement as well as its UWB-over-Coax technology.

·
Godfather
347 Posts
another overpriced product from monster

·
Hall Of Fame
1,335 Posts
Really surprised at the price knowing Monster they might have left out a zero.Looks good might work as a dvr replacement ,save the lease fee,there is only the two of us so it might work in another room.

·
1*
10,289 Posts
Samsung already has a TV with this capability built-in...

The TV can be seen at Vanns.com

1080p HD without a mess of wires

Now you can get full 1080p HD without the mess of wires. The FPT5094 includes a wireless home A/V center that enables wireless communication between the FPT5094 and components (DVD player, cable/satellite box, etc.) connected to the wireless center. This television's connections (three HDMI jacks, two component video inputs, and so on) were moved from the back of the TV to the back of the separate wireless base station. As a result, the only wire coming from the panel is the power cord. This could potentially save hundreds of dollars in installation fees if you want to wall-mount your FPT5094 because not having to run interconnects through the wall makes wall installation much simpler. The base station communicates with the television via a 802.11n wireless standard at speeds up to 150Mbps, which is plenty for 1080p video.
This will hopefully be my next TV...

- Merg

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
LG already has a TV with wireless HD, the LG71, where the receiver can be 50 feet from the TV.

See the Product Wiki for full specs: http://www.productwiki.com/lg-lg71-series/

The LG71 series is an upgrade over the standard LG70 series by adding the wireless receiver component. The 802.11 wireless protocol allows the display portion of the TV to be placed up to 50 feet away from the receiver portion where the home theater components connect. This separation of duties gives you more flexibility in where you place your home theater components in relation to each other and the TV, and lets the TV stand on its own without any cables except for power. The core specs of the display remain the same as the LG70 series with a 1080p native resolution and 120Hz support.

·
Almost a new member
427 Posts
Note that the Monster thingy doesn't use 802.11.

There are lots of devices that are supposed to be introduced this year that will wirelessly transmit HD signals. I'd already heard of I think 3, maybe 4 different UWB-related "standards". I think one group has adopted "Wireless HD" as the name of their standards org, which is just going to add to the confusion. Now there's a few devices using wifi. I'm sure there are some that just have wired network connectivity.

Of course most of this stuff won't work well together, and it will confuse the hell out of customers. IMNSHO, every company is pushing their own "standard" in hopes to be first and sell a bunch of hardware. That's not what consumers need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.