DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a phone line to my 622 is going to be a real pain. Right now I have it running across the floor and under throw rugs.

I understand some have used wireless telephone extenders. What brand and model numbers have been most successful? It's either that or try to run wire under the crawl space.

Jake

·
Hall Of Fame
1,090 Posts
jakebrake said:
Running a phone line to my 622 is going to be a real pain. Right now I have it running across the floor and under throw rugs.

I understand some have used wireless telephone extenders. What brand and model numbers have been most successful? It's either that or try to run wire under the crawl space.

Jake
Personally I hard wire everything. However for those instances during installations at various customers residences; I've found that the RCA RC930's work all of the time. This is not their normal 926 model, it is also made for modems & faxes as well as traditional landline telephones.

/http://accessories.rca.com/en-US/modeldetail.html?maincat=Wireless+Solutions&subcat=Wireless+Jacks&modelnum=RC930

·
Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
I use the RCA RC930 and it works well for me.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,893 Posts
Ditto on the RCA for me. Routing a phone line would have been a real pain for me.

Works fine even if it is ugly!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
I bought them at WalMart...don't even know the brand. They're an off-white color, and they work fine. $39.00 for 1 transmitter and 1 receiver.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
MN Wild Fan said:
Any way to utilize a cell phone to avoid the fee?
Nope, the software in the 622 looks for a dial tone. No dial tones on cells.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.