DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
I am hoping for WWE network at launch. I feel like we will probably get it because it will be the only way to watch wrestlemania this year. Will not be offered on PPV.

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
I would really like to see Dish make it a priority to carry all hd local channels in every major and mid-size market. This is one area that DirecTV is heads and shoulders above.

Of course as a sports fan I'd like ESPNU & ESPN News in HD as well. I like Dish but if they don't make strides in these areas when my contract is up I will switch back to DirecTV.

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
Speaking of TiVo, now that the lawsuit is over and Dish is paying settlement fees and license fees for the '389 patent, I'd like our existing receivers to go back to using the "violating" software. I'm tired of erratic jumps and FF speeds that are nowhere close to what is indicated.

·
Icon
835 Posts
tommiet said:
Move all sports programming to an upper tier and allow anyone that wants it to pay for it.
+1 & it should lower our price at least $5 dollars if we choose not to get the sports programming

·
Icon
835 Posts
Also, BBC News, CNNi, AJE, Euronews English (without having to get international dish), other international news in English. If necessary, they could put it on an inexpensive tier (no more than $5).

·
Godfather
302 Posts
jsk said:
+1 & it should lower our price at least $5 dollars if we choose not to get the sports programming
I'm all for it. At least it will lower the basic package costs.

·
Godfather
302 Posts
Put all the home shopping channels into a seperate package. :)

·
Super Moderator
53,899 Posts
BobaBird said:
Speaking of TiVo, now that the lawsuit is over and Dish is paying settlement fees and license fees for the '389 patent, I'd like our existing receivers to go back to using the "violating" software. I'm tired of erratic jumps and FF speeds that are nowhere close to what is indicated.
Agreed.

samhevener said:
Put all the home shopping channels into a seperate package. :)
Done. Unfortunately that package is included in AT120 and above. :)

It would be an interesting concept ... since shopping and infomercial channels pay for carriage (or at least offer some sort of commission based return) wouldn't dropping the shopping channels increase one's bill? Would one pay more to not have those channels available?

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Got it working. Needed a old-style Three Finger salute (Ctrl+Alt+Del) or in this case - unplug and replug. I can see recordings and the receiver thru Sling. Figured out that it works on Firefox and IE.

·
Godfather
356 Posts
jsk said:
If customers did not want ESPN and Fox Sports, the credit today would be about $9.00 a month. And ESPN wants a 60% increase now......

Sports programming is over saturated now. But I'm happy to let anyone that wants it pay for it. The free ride on others supported over prices programming needs to stop.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
inazsully said:
How about something all of us can use and appreciate, a LIGHTED REMOTE. Directv has or had one. I loved it.
Just get a Logitech Harmony 300i(controls 4 devices) from Target for $29.99+tax,then leave the lights on,I do.;):D

I highly recommend that USB internet programable/learning remote control.;)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
BobaBird said:
This is one excellent post and suggestion,which I totally agree with.+1.:)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.