DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Breaking the mold
849 Posts
Your station must think its not available in hd for them to be just sending the sd piliar boxed on their digital station. Kvew started out that way here as well. but eventually fixed it.
kenbr said:
Is this a nationwide problem or just the Jax station? I've tried both the satellite feed (25) and the local feed (25-1) through the AM21 and there is no HD on either.

· Hall Of Fame
5,000 Posts
I am not getting the game in HD either but thats because D* does not have locals in my area and I do not have an antenna. I do however have ABC, NBC, CW, and PBS in SD DNS feed. I dont usually watch college football but thought I might watch OU and Texas today. SD will do for me as beggers can not be choosers.

· AllStar
73 Posts
Dont usually watch college football?? Whats wrong with you?? just kidding .. I agree with your situation but we should not be dealing with this problem here in Jax.. I have left several messages on ch 25's answering machine ..So if ya'll never hear from me again they should be suspects :)

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mikeren1 said:
Just us........We are a small town ya know :))....I have been in several threads about this since the game started.....Call ch25 and complain.
Yeah, calling and complaining isn't that easy. They only have an automated switchboard. I've tried going to the programming department and the general manager's office and have gotten voicemail every time. Of course, if I caused a major screwup like this I probably wouldn't answer my phone either.

This day just sucks from the old HD standpoint. The game I really have to watch is the Auburn game tonight and it's on gameplan. The quality of the video on those games usually look like they are designed to be viewed on a mobile phone. Really awful. I will enjoy the [email protected] game unless I've over indulged by that point.

· Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
mikeren1 said:
Dont usually watch college football?? Whats wrong with you?? just kidding .. I agree with your situation but we should not be dealing with this problem here in Jax.. I have left several messages on ch 25's answering machine ..So if ya'll never hear from me again they should be suspects :)
Maybe a bigger OTA antenna and pick up WCJB 20 G-Ville.

· Hall Of Fame
5,000 Posts
mikeren1 said:
If they had a better playoff system and also if the games were more evenly matched. There are really only a few good games for any college every year. Only 2 or maybe 3 games that you really want to see if they can beat that good team. In the NFL any given Sunday any team can win. They are all pro's.

I used to be into college football when I was in High School. I was a Nebraska fan. That was around the time Collins was the QB for Penn St. and they went undefeated but did not get to play for the title. College football is flawed. I am not saying that the NFL is perfect but it is alot better for me. That being said I love college Basketball. Go Tar Heels!

· Hall Of Fame
5,000 Posts
kenbr said:
Yeah, calling and complaining isn't that easy. They only have an automated switchboard. I've tried going to the programming department and the general manager's office and have gotten voicemail every time. Of course, if I caused a major screwup like this I probably wouldn't answer my phone either.

This day just sucks from the old HD standpoint. The game I really have to watch is the Auburn game tonight and it's on gameplan. The quality of the video on those games usually look like they are designed to be viewed on a mobile phone. Really awful. I will enjoy the [email protected] game unless I've over indulged by that point.
Do you have to watch this on GamePlan tonight? I thought the game was going to be aired nationally on CBS tonight.

· Hall Of Fame
5,000 Posts
mikeren1 said:
I guess a bigger antenna would get me to gainesville but i think the easier solution( for me) would be for our local abc to get with the times :)
Good luck with that!!

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
mshaw2715 said:
Your station must think its not available in hd for them to be just sending the sd piliar boxed on their digital station. Kvew started out that way here as well. but eventually fixed it.
They don't 'send' pillar boxes -- "pillar boxes" exist only in your imagination. When a network sends an SD feed in 4:3 AR, your 16:9 set displays a centered 4:3 image, leaving nothing on either side of the frame. It is that nothingness that you see, not any transmitted graphic or artifact.

P.S. The OK-TX game was not scheduled in HD. The NU/NC game is, as is UT/UGA on CBS.

Glad to be of help.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.