DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search under WNBC and didn't find anything on this problem, If I missed it appologies.

When I watch a show on WNBC HD from NYC I see a white line down the left side of the screen. I do not watch a lot of WNBC HD however it has become apparent to me that when I see the white line it is always WNBC.

I'm watching on a Westinghouse 32" LCD via a VIP622. WNBC is the only channel I see this on.

On some other channels I sometimes see what I believe to be closed captioning signals at the top of the screen, however that is infrequent.

I did a quick look in the normal settings of the TV and see no adjustments. I really should not have to figure out to get into the service menu of the TV and adjust it for only one channel either. I know I could Zoom and not see it, at the expense of loosing part of the picture.

Just curious if anybody else see this or if it is only me.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
TBoneit said:
I did a search under WNBC and didn't find anything on this problem, If I missed it appologies.

When I watch a show on WNBC HD from NYC I see a white line down the left side of the screen. I do not watch a lot of WNBC HD however it has become apparent to me that when I see the white line it is always WNBC.

I'm watching on a Westinghouse 32" LCD via a VIP622. WNBC is the only channel I see this on.

On some other channels I sometimes see what I believe to be closed captioning signals at the top of the screen, however that is infrequent.

I did a quick look in the normal settings of the TV and see no adjustments. I really should not have to figure out to get into the service menu of the TV and adjust it for only one channel either. I know I could Zoom and not see it, at the expense of loosing part of the picture.

Just curious if anybody else see this or if it is only me.
I haven't noticed it but its possible its outside the "safe" area but within the viewable area (my sets have about 4 on the left and right that is not viewable)

·
Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible my Westinghouse doesn't overscan as much as some sets, I don't know. I also noticed that WNBC is the local channel where on 4:3 HD I can see the flashing white across the top of the screen the I believe is the Closed captioning? I see that less frequently. It is annoying too. It looks like I'm lucky that NBC doesn't have many shows I'd watch.

WCBS, WABC, and WNYW (Fox) I never see these problems. Now if E* would only get WNET, WLIW, WWOR, WPIX and NJN in HD I'd be real happy. Especialy the PBS channels.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.