DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Icon
625 Posts
Mine are gone also!!!!! It looks like Dish has know for a while that this was going to be the day. They have a recorded message playing on 250 urging Distant users to contact their congressman.

·
Icon
625 Posts
Shellback X 23 said:
Well mine are still there, both NYC and DEN.
Do you know if your receiver was pluged in last night and received last night's update?

·
Godfather
526 Posts
I get distants Fox & NBC out of Chicago & as of 9:00 AM CST, they are still on for me. I'm probably jinxing myself by posting this though..:nono:

·
Mentor
37 Posts
As I mentioned in the sticky thread at the top of the forum page, I lost mine last night before 9pm. I had NBC & FOX from LA, and FOX from the other 4 DNS markets (Chi, Den, NYC, ATL). Although its not good to see other's DNS being turned off, at least I know my stations weren't turned off early by accident or anything.

Shellback X 23: Maybe if you don't let your receiver download the update you will keep your DNS a little bit longer. I'd doubt it, since I had mine on one of the distant nets (248-KTTV) when E* sent the kill order to my receiver, although I wasn't home to see the channel be cut off as it happened. I wasn't waiting for the EPG to download and suddenly realized the DNS stations were no longer listed.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,057 Posts
The question is, are you guys subbing to distants and are 'allowed' to sub to it, or did you guys use the loophole in Dish's system to 'accidently' allow you to sub to distants.

Maybe Dish wised up and realised they should only have people who truly are supposed to have Distants have them for another month, as a way to show congress or whomever, that they have conformed to the laws they were supposed to follow in the first place...

·
Super Moderator
53,990 Posts
FYI: Permission to watch channels is not tied to the overnight update. E* can turn on and off channels any time 24/7 on any connected receiver.

·
Mentor
37 Posts
alebowgm said:
The question is, are you guys subbing to distants and are 'allowed' to sub to it, or did you guys use the loophole in Dish's system to 'accidently' allow you to sub to distants.

Maybe Dish wised up and realised they should only have people who truly are supposed to have Distants have them for another month, as a way to show congress or whomever, that they have conformed to the laws they were supposed to follow in the first place...
I got waiver approvals from NBC & FOX, so yeah, I was allowed to get them. I had them since early 2004, so I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that I was grandfathered under some form of the SHVERA or something of the like until the injunction came about. As I mentioned in another thread, there was one time where E*'s site allowed you to sub to all 5 markets per network allowed, and I got the remaining 3 FOX networks that I didn't have, and had all 5 until yesterday. But, they were (technically) from a waiver approval, although I should've only kept 2 of them!

·
Godfather
526 Posts
I wonder if these 'disconnects' have anything to do with geographics? Since some of us still have them, I wonder if Dish is working by some plan to turn off certain areas each day until all are gone? Maybe they figure this way they don't lose all the distants revenue at one time. Just a thought as there has to be some pre-planned method & an explanation as to why some still have them & some don't.

Ken

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
Reportedly IF Dish carries your DMA they have now turned off your distants. If you are potentially eligible for Distants (without waivers), you are still receiving them for now.

How many are seeing something else?

·
Icon
731 Posts
Mine gone as well. In my case I should not have been receiving them, I moved from a "grandfathered" address to an area with locals available and expected DNS to be cut off but they weren't (until today).

Even if Dish works out a deal in the end I expect very few of us will qualify for distant NETs.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
DISH carries Sacto DMA but I've long subscribed to all NY networks (and KCBS for $1.50) as well as locals. I'm unclear where a white area of a carried DMA should be presently, but I've still got everything. When people first mentioned 240 & 250, I checked and did NOT get them. I do now, but have no idea when they started for me (Favorites). My bill would only go down by $3 if I drop LiLs from the grandfathered package ($12 pick 3 from distant, local, supers), but I'm curious if anybody has dropped locals so they get the free ones for two months.

·
Banned
13 Posts
my distant network channels are still on for me, and for the first time i see channel 240 and 250, thats all, i should ask my brother if he can see those channels also on his receiver, then that will tell me its for everyone no matter if you have distant or dont. but what do you think will happen to me.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
keppra808 said:
my distant network channels are still on for me, and for the first time i see channel 240 and 250, thats all, i should ask my brother if he can see those channels also on his receiver, then that will tell me its for everyone no matter if you have distant or dont. but what do you think will happen to me.
240/250 is not being shown to everyone.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.