DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TiVo and Sonicblue aimed for the goal but missed over the weekend to the dismay of subscribers who weren't able to watch World Cup soccer matches they had programmed their digital video recorders to store overnight.

Click here for the rest of the story

·
Icon
622 Posts
A VCR would have missed it too, unless the owner caught the scheduling change. I love how technology gets blamed like it's the cause of the problem.

·
Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
DirecTivo gets its Guide from the Sat, but the SA have to call in right? Even if Tivo had gotten the info from ESPN, the SA would still have the problem right?

·
Godfather/Supporter
444 Posts
Yup, James, it takes about 48 hours' notice of a schedule change for TiVo through Tribune (its listings supplier) to get a change into the listings. They've managed to get the listings corrected a couple of times when presidential speeches on Thursday have been announced on Tuesday.

Of course, there are some people who only plug their phone lines into the TiVo once or twice a week. For them, these kinds of schedule changes are really hit or miss.

I guess it's kind of natural to blame the TiVo/Replay for missing events, even though the blame is misplaced. We become so reliant on the machines to get our programming, and they do such a great job of it under normal circumstances. But they still haven't developed a way to handle last minute changes or sports overruns that push programming back.

There were even a couple of ying-yangs back in September who blamed TiVo for not recording programs that never aired because of the WTC attack.

·
Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
I have a DirecTivo and love it, but do you think that Tivo is misrepresenting themselves by promoting the scheduling feature? I would guess that scheduling is one of the most important features to the average Tivo user....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts