DBSTalk Forum banner

Which Commercial do you think is worse? Which wants to make you change the channel?

• DirecTV Beyonce Upgrade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dish "Hoppah"

Votes: 12 100.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now as tired of the "Hoppah" commercial as I was of the Beyonce Upgrade commercial. Both are horrible. So just for fun, which one do you think is worse?

Beyonce Upgrade:

Dish Hoppah:

·
Hall Of Fame
7,316 Posts
Just about any commercial Dish has done in recent years is crap (I put them right down there with Geico's new taste test line). Don't get me wrong, DirecTV has their fair share of stinkers as well but not nearly as annoying what Dish tends to put out.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Nothing beats Mini Giraffe or Waking Up In A Roadside Ditch.

At least Beyonce is hot. I hate everything about Boston...Sox, Celtics, Pats, Bruins...the accent makes it worse.

·
Legend
184 Posts
Being from southeast New England the Hoppah ad cracks me up and allows me to show my WI friends how we/they talk. Having said that in general the accent annoys me. The Beyonce ad is just dumb, much prefer the don't get cable series for DirecTV, my kids makes me stop fast forwarding so they can watch them. :lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
sigma1914 said:

At least Beyonce is hot. I hate everything about Boston...Sox, Celtics, Pats, Bruins...the accent makes it worse.
Hey!! ;)

The accent is terrible. I spent the first 28 years of my life in MA and have ZERO ridiculous accent to show for it....thankfully. Now my mother-in-law's accent is a different story.... ;)

·
Godfather
404 Posts
Both of those commercials are bad. But, I've been especially disappointed by Dish in regard to their Hopper/Joey commercials. It's such a cool technology that it should be the focus of their commercials. Instead, they are airing "our customers are stupid" commercials. Who at Dish thought it was a good idea to insult their customers?

-- Roger

·
Hall Of Fame
7,316 Posts
sigma1914 said:

Yes to Mini-Giraffe but I think I preferred grandson with a dog collar over waking up in a ditch

·
Legend
155 Posts
"Currently" the hoppah makes me smile (not sick of it...YET), but the Beyonce (until I got sick of it) made me...never mind, this is a family website. :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
jadebox said:
Both of those commercials are bad. But, I've been especially disappointed by Dish in regard to their Hopper/Joey commercials. It's such a cool technology that it should be the focus of their commercials. Instead, they are airing "our customers are stupid" commercials. Who at Dish thought it was a good idea to insult their customers?

-- Roger
It's called "truth in advertising".

·
Hall Of Fame
2,429 Posts
I like the Charlie Sheen DirecTv commercial myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.