DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mentor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for every network to show every program 3 times a week to compensate for the hr20 failures? It would make things managable. Two times isn't enough a week, because unless you notice the failure quickly the second showing has passed. If they can make self-cleaning ovens. How about self failed recording detectors that will detect failure and autocorrect. That would be great.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
ssn said:
for every network to show every program 3 times a week to compensate for the hr20 failures? It would make things managable. Two times isn't enough a week, because unless you notice the failure quickly the second showing has passed. If they can make self-cleaning ovens. How about self failed recording detectors that will detect failure and autocorrect. That would be great.
You jest, but I've been calling this idea "TiVo theatre" for years and I think that now that Nielsen ratings include DVRs, it's a great way to increase ratings. No matter how many DVRs you have, there's still a possibility that some good TV is going to get bumped because there's no capacity. It sure would make it easier to see those Thursday night shows.

·
Godfather
267 Posts
Good thing iTunes sells a lot of the shows we all watch! There are also other online sources for downloading TV shows. Too bad we have to rely on sources like that for a backup though! :(

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
DirecTV is planning to sell shows, too, in the Showcases. Hmmm. :D

·
Mentor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
crafty...sell shows failed box doesn't record. Be 90% consistant and charge for the other 5% of 10% lof shows eft over that people "must see".

Maybe you can pay per minute too for when you have to red button reset and lose 6 minutes while box is restarting.

·
Mentor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got jacked all friday on sci-fi. Doctor who twice. Battlestar twice. Got one more shot at battlestar. Housewives had to red buttom reset. Lost 6 minutes. To married man that means (6min * 1 day per minute) of headaches. Fortunately my extra receiver charge is put to good use on my trusty 6 year old tivo that never has missed a non-weather related showing. Never deleted anything. Never recorded something only to have blank screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.