DBSTalk Forum banner

Would you pay $1 dollar more per month for the HR20 as described below?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 100.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Icon
714 Posts
Ahh! I was trying to avoid this because this poll is still flawed, but I will not go into that debate since no one cares.

No. I will not pay a buck more as it is now. I see the two more or less equivalent. I will pay probably up to $5 extra if HMC is enabled through the ethernet port. I will pay probably up to $3 extra if I can program my machines through internet.

You seem to believe that I like HR20 better than HR10. That is not really my attitude. I love my HR10 but I am not that loyal that I won't try something else. I got the DVR to watch programs. DVR is useless if not for the programs I want to watch. They are things I like in Tivo that I don't get in HR20, e.g., CC in 1X FF. However, I placed higher value for HD contents and am willing to pay extra for that. I am paying for the HD package and probably will get SHO just to get one extra channel in HD. I took HR20 for the promise of the national HD to come in 2007. My HR10 is still activated.

·
Icon
714 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
I also want to point out another thing these polls don't do: They don't say anything negative or positive about the HR20 - just that people prefer TIVO.
I think you want to believe people prefer TIVO. To me, Tivo is a mean to an end and is never the purpose. I do like it, but it is not that important. If the comparison is based on the current definition of HD Tivo plus MPEG4 capability, I'll choose HR20. The HR10-250 is still a cripled Tivo. There is no HMC, no internet programming. It's not worth any extra dollar than HR20. I will react differently if it is a full version Tivo. I am skeptical they will in the long run, but I hope Tivo survives. An affordable and "working" two-way cable-card Tivo S3 with FIOS is my dream. But short of my dream, I can live with OTA enabled HR20 or MPEG4-capable HD Tivo just about equally.

I love Tivo and have recommended it to many friends. I love that fact that it's hackable, too. I had a lot lower expectation for HR20 before I got it. I am not even one of those guys that never had a problem with HR20. But I must admit HR20 surprised me. Even as is now, it's a lot better than I expected. I think some Tivo lovers may agree it's better than the DVRs from the cable guys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.