DBSTalk Forum banner

Would you pay $1 more p/month to have a MPEG4 compliant HD DirecTIVO?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 110 100.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
614 Posts
wmschultz said:
PER DVR?

I have 5 DVR's in my house. So I should have to pay a mirroring fee and a TIVO
DVR fee?
Yes the mirroring fee will likely stay for the second and additional units. The primary unit isn't charged.

·
Banned
614 Posts
btmoore said:
Well you already pay that fee, I though it was a one time fee for DVR services but I don't know. When I originally bought my Sat-t60 I paid for a lifetime sub ($299), this later got changed to a lifetime DVR services as long as I keep D*so I don't see any DVR fees just mirroring fees.

I really don't care what they do, or how it is funded, as long as the DVR actually works. They can cook it in to the price of the unit, into the service fee, I just want them to provide a product that I can trust is going to record what I tell it to.

BTW damn that is a lot of DVRs, that is a lot of content to manage. I went down a different path and and 1 hr20 and 1 sat-t60 serving 4 displays via a matrix switch.
It doesn't matter if you own your receiver, or if you lease it. It doesn't matter what you bought it for. Mirroring fee's have always been applied to the second or additional receiver on any account.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.