DBSTalk Forum banner

Would you pay $1 more p/month to have a MPEG4 compliant HD DirecTIVO?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 110 100.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Icon
714 Posts
I doubt this is a very revealing poll of the real consumer attitude. I am a marketing guy that design surveys at times. I felt as it is phrased, the poll is skewed to get a favorable answer for Tivo. It will be more useful if the poll is changed to how much extra you are willing to pay to get MPEG4 compatible HD Tivo. For those who want to vote no, give them a $0 choice.

·
Icon
714 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
I disagree.

If this poll favors TIVO, it is only because people perceive it as a better alternative. Which is the point of the poll.
Fine. You may disagree. I am curious though of your personal answer, nonethelss. How much extra will you pay?

Edit: I should clarify my position. I am not arguing for or against Tivo being a better alternative. I am just saying the test is only interesting if you assign a value to it. Then you can see how much people value the better alternative. There are many cases in the history where a better product didn't survive.

·
Icon
714 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
Actually assigned a dollar value is exactly what needs to be avoided. Because we don't know what the income level of the people on this board is.

5 Dollars a month to one person is not the same as 5 Dollars a month to the next. Although its none of your business, I happen to be on a pretty tight budget, so asking me to pay $10 extra a month would be a bit of a stretch, while asking someone who has more disposable income to pay $10 a month is no big deal.

This isn't market research for D*. If it were, I agree, knowing how much people would be willing to pay would be key. Especially if you were planning to get the maximum amount of money you can out of them.
Thanks for indulging my curiosity. My guess is few will assign more than $10 value to Tivo regardless of their budget, so I doubt you are alone.

·
Icon
714 Posts
I don't know if you really want to see DirecTV to offer this option. If the answer to your answer speaks any volume, it probably is for DirecTV not to bother with it. If you don't think many will pay more than $1, it is a good reason for them not to. How much do you think DirecTV get to keep in that $1?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.