DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was a joke....but here in the DFW area that is how long it is taking...:nono:

Just called today to find out how long would it take since I have some non-english speaking relatives at the house for 40 days. It makes no sense for me to order this BS if it will take a month.....

When I call the local installer (Mastec), they were very rude on the phone and told me "it is what it is, be happy it is only 1 month"....I'm glad this wasn't a face to face conversation because I was about to explode and seriously hurt someone....

What a joke....

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
DirecTV is in the process of buying out several HSPs and moving others around, so there's lots of turmoil going on in many areas, and lots of schedules are piled up. It's unfortunate, and you shouldn't have been talked to that way, but they've probably taken 50 similar calls a day for the last month or two and just don't have much patience left. Again, it's no excuse, but it has pushed a lot of folks to the limit.

You might want to try contacting a local retailer. They would charge you, but they might be able to get your dish up in a day or two.

· Banned
115 Posts
Right now it's a month for pretty much everything. This morning, we got some mover's connection/receiver installations that were until September 20th, and a poor customer is going to wait until October 1st to get his new install.

· Godfather
452 Posts
ToiletKitty said:
Right now it's a month for pretty much everything. This morning, we got some mover's connection/receiver installations that were until September 20th, and a poor customer is going to wait until October 1st to get his new install.
Ouch.

You could always buy the world direct dish and install it yourself if you can't wait that long. Guarantee it will take an hour just to put it together (if it's your first time on one of those). But if it's just to keep the in-laws or whoever happy, to hell with it.

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
Johnnie5000 said:
Ouch.

You could always buy the world direct dish and install it yourself if you can't wait that long.
He could, but that is brain surgery compared to a basic dish. Maybe a local dealer or tech can do something on the side.

2 Posts
I called DTV last week to schedule a realignment of my dish in DFW area.
I have "0" on 99c and low 30s on 103c. Well the first date was 4 weeks out.

Since I will have to pay for the realignment, I decided to call local vendors. The price was about the same, but they can do it in 48 hours!

I am planning to schedule a local vendor later this week (as soon as weather improves).

· Almost a new member
427 Posts
A friend of mine called for an install, and they were also told 4 weeks out.

I would've expected the football crunch to happen in August, before the season starts.

So is there something happening at all of the HSP's for the first few weeks of September (like more training/indoctrination into the way DTV wants things done)?

I'm wondering if there's any sense in them checking the DTV website every day to see if there's been a cancellation, so they can get an install sooner than 4 wks from now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.