DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Godfather
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me(HR20 & Phillips 42"plasma), or does D* need to give more bandwidth to ESPN HD. With all the snow and footprints running through it the field looks blocky and pixelated(sp).
'

·
Legend
125 Posts
I dont think its DTV I as just at my buddies house with Cable HD and it looked the same as my D looks now. I think the white wash of the snow makes it look funny, because the close ups are perfect.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
I have switched back and forth between ESPN and the local CW station (OTA) which is showing the ESPN feed and am not seeing much difference (if I get a foot away from the screen I think I can tell a difference, but it is minimal).

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I just watched the last 5 minutes of the game...

And thought the picture looked stunning... Especially with the remaining snow cover on the field, and Brett looking all sad on the sideline.

Maybe they corrected something since when you started watching.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
I have cable and I agree the picture quality was awful on the game earlier tonight. Didn't watch much of it but I could tell right away something was up. I just tuned in now to see that wild ending, and it looked okay now.

·
Icon
642 Posts
ESPN usually looks pretty good in HD, better than some of the other channels.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
367 Posts
Looked like a Super Model's ass. Nice tight and firm ass. Couldnt take my eyes off it. :lol:

·
Godfather
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the end of the game the picture looked great. The snow had melted and the field was back to almost a solid grean. It looked realy bad when the snow was heavier. I'll watch for this next snow bowl.

·
AllStar
94 Posts
I watched the whole game and I thought it looked beautiful from beginning to end. I'm not sure why you guys had issues.

·
Legend
122 Posts
Johnboat said:
I watched the whole game and I thought it looked beautiful from beginning to end. I'm not sure why you guys had issues.
When you say that you did not have issues please state the size of your tv. Because if you have a 32" LCD nothing looks bad!

·
Legend
241 Posts
I have a 50" SXRD and I was actually thinking quite the opposite through the entire game. I though it could've passed for an OTA feed.

·
AllStar
94 Posts
Ryanm86 said:
When you say that you did not have issues please state the size of your tv. Because if you have a 32" LCD nothing looks bad!
I have a 51" Hitachi 1080i HDTV

·
Godfather
310 Posts
Slightly off topic, but does anyone have lip sync issues with ESPNHD? This issue has been raised in an HR20 thread, but I am curious if anyone else is having lip sync problems with ESPNHD? Sorry for hijacking the thread. Thanks for any replies.

·
Icon
869 Posts
Ryanm86 said:
I have a 42" HP Plasma Display and I thought the game looked stunning. Except for the fact that my team looked like crap in the second half. The snow is going to make it harder to see the game. Just like the people in the stands I am sure had difficulty. Having been to a game in the snow it can be hard to see. I think that was as true of a picture you can get.

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Barmat said:
Is it me(HR20 & Phillips 42"plasma), or does D* need to give more bandwidth to ESPN HD. With all the snow and footprints running through it the field looks blocky and pixelated(sp).
'
I usually don't have a problem with espn, but I see the same problem with locals.

·
Godfather
306 Posts
I was watching at a friend's house and the picture quality was great. The field looked pretty bad close to the end of the game, but that is more of a groundskeeper thing and less of an HD thing.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
They have FieldTurf at Qwest Field so I don't think groundskeeping is an issue. Here is a story about on their website.

I thought the picture looked great all night, I love the snow games. I have a Panasonic 52" LCD-RP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.