DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy...i just had my new dish antenna installed for my HD upgrade.

My D* reciept includes a 5-LNB Multi-satellite dish. I looked this dish up ( I am assuming it is supposed to be the AT9 KaKu, though the reciept doesn't specifically mention that) to see what it is supposed to look like, and to my surprise, the picture I found was not the one I have installed.

It seems I have a Phase III 18" x 20" , which is a 3 LNB dish.

My question is does it matter? Is there a quality difference in these two antennae?

I seem to be getting a lot of pixilation since the new antenna was installed. I'm even having my HD channels completely freeze up on me. I have never had this happen with my old SD setup.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
The Slimline (new 5 LNB) looks a lot like the Phase 3, but it is bigger, about 32 in. wide. You only see three feed covers, since the 99, 101 and 103 are inside the same one. Performance should be comparable although the Phase 3 won't see the Ka-band satellites which are used for local and RSN HD. Being larger the 5 LNB dishes probably have more gain on the other sats as well.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
If your area isn't lit up for HD locals yet, it may be possible that the installer installed the Phase III. If you are having the problems you indicate, I would call D*. The dish alignment might be off some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.