DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an idea when DTV will deliver Channels 9 and 11 in HD?

·
Banned
63 Posts
Vinny said:
New York is the largest city in America, so I would think they have a high percentage of high end DirecTV customers who want them in HD. If you all get together and ask DirecTV, they will see the demand and potentially add it.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
newcs said:
New York is the largest city in America, so I would think they have a high percentage of high end DirecTV customers who want them in HD. If you all get together and ask DirecTV, they will see the demand and potentially add it.
If only that was true. I've been in contact with DTV for years asking this same question. Only reason I bring it up today is I see a post that the CW appeared in LA in HD yesterday. I'm hoping DTV is beginning to roll out other than the 4 major networks in HD.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Vinny said:
If only that was true. I've been in contact with DTV for years asking this same question. Only reason I bring it up today is I see a post that the CW appeared in LA in HD yesterday. I'm hoping DTV is beginning to roll out other than the 4 major networks in HD.
Not all markets are created equal with DirecTV. NY is such a huge market for them, they have more clout. I understand speaking to certain reps can be daunting, but sometimes you end up speaking to someone who will pass it on, and help the cause.

·
Banned
63 Posts
juan ellitinez said:
especially since fox (rupert) owns wwor.. It should be a no brainer!!
Murdoch want's out of DirecTV and is about to swap his interests 100% in DirecTV with Malone from Liberty, so Murdoch is out of DirecTV soon. This will change the horizon a bit.

·
Icon
2,147 Posts
Good thing I can get those on the basic cable (Cablevision) account I have maintained. I just reupped with D* for 2 more years (ordered the HR20), so I'm HOPING they make good on their promises to add additional HD channels.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
561 Posts
Vinny said:
But D* is located in LA, so all the engineers wanted it at their homes first :D

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Yeah I hope they add these channels for us in the NY/NJ market.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
460 Posts
I thought it was interesting that apparently as part of their negotations with Tribune to get their FOX stations up there, DirecTV agreed to add WGN and KTLA, which are two of Tribune's biggest stations (and not affiliated with the "big four" networks). You would think they would have negotiated for carriage of WPIX as well, since that is their biggest station. Maybe it's coming down the road a bit? Or perhaps they compromised on "two out of three?"

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Anyone have an update or inside info on why the WPIX digital feed is the only Tribune-owned station that DirecTV hasn't add to locals?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,918 Posts
Maybe this is a technical issue. Tribune apparently has given DirecTV the go ahead for all Tribune properties.

By technical issue I mean that it could be either a reception problem or a capacity problem. And DirecTV certainly could add the channel at any time now that there is a carriage agreement in place with Tribune.

·
7 Posts
newcs said:
and we still get treated like second class citizens...

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I wouldn't expect WPIX till after the first new sat goes up next year.

As for WWOR, I'll pay them not to add that!

Worst... channel... ever! :lol:

·
Icon
657 Posts
The thing is even though the only show I have ever watched on WWOR was Everybody Hates Chris, there are a bunch of Yankee games shown on channel 9 and the Mets have the same situation on channel 11, which at least my wife watches for Gilmore Girls and 7th Heaven and I watch Everybody Hates Chris on now.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NYSmoker said:
The thing is even though the only show I have ever watched on WWOR was Everybody Hates Chris, there are a bunch of Yankee games shown on channel 9 and the Mets have the same situation on channel 11, which at least my wife watches for Gilmore Girls and 7th Heaven and I watch Everybody Hates Chris on now.
Let's face it; if you have an HD TV, you want the most options to view HD programming. I agree, aside from Yankees/Mets games; I don't watch anything on these stations NOW......but who knows what future programming there will be months from now. I say, if its technically feasible to get them to us, then D* shoud be doing everything possible to make it happen!

·
AllStar
57 Posts
I just got HD from them and they couldnt tell me when.......same w/Ch. 13 so I'm using an OTA antenna for 9 & 11 HD. The siganl comes and goes and I dont get anything from 13's HD. Should I use an in-line 20db amp to boost the siganl or am I wasting my time??

Steve Napoli

Vinny said:

·
Godfather
415 Posts
newcs said:
you'd think that , and you'd be wrong!

I've never been around less tech savvy people than in NY, i've lived in 5 other cities and people here seem satisfied with the old school cable boxes (at least a lot of the people I 've talked to about it).

Any raise in price here brings on huge conflict, people are rather thrifty (probably need to be, it's damn expensive!) and don't like upgrading things until they explode, which explains how dirty and old this city is :)

I LOVE NY! :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.