1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
:(

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Hmm thats wierd. Sometime in November the Domain for Echostaruser.org expired and jbuff was away, I renewed it for him for a year, it should not be expired yet and also it should not be claimed by anyone else yet.

Tony know the story?

Scott

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Jeff Switched to D*? When did this happen? Did he switch from DP to TiVo or UTV or was it something else?

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Scott,

I know as much as you. I haven't heard from John in months. The last communication I had with him I had to leave a message in the edit screen of the only page jbuff still edits. The Echostaruser site had not been updated in 7 months since Swiki made some changes that broke the mirror John had set up. He never got around to fixing the mirror.

gculter,

John got fed up with the Dishplayer problems (he was a very early adopter) and got DirecTiVos to replace them about 8 months ago.

See ya
Tony

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Gee, It seems that all the Pom-Pomers for E* have jumped to D*.

I wonder if E* considers that an issue or even cares with the merger on the horizon?

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Well...it may have been some sort of error. Right now on www.echostaruser.org I'm getting "cannot find server" error.

Again, I have no more knowledge of the situation than you all.

See ya
Tony

·
Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
When I go to the site, some sort of Yahoo-like search engine pops up. It's still titled echostaruser.org.

·
Icon
524 Posts
Originally posted by gcutler
Gee, It seems that all the Pom-Pomers for E* have jumped to D*.

I wonder if E* considers that an issue or even cares with the merger on the horizon?
Dish can not make a "good" quality receiver.

When the merger fails, Dish may be looking into another type of merger or sell out deal to save themselves. They can not go on loosing 100,s of millions of dollars per year and stay alive as a single entity.

They have built a company on the premise of "giving everything away" and that is very, very dangerous !

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Frapp,

You are entitled to your opinion. However:

Remember it's DirecTV that was on the auction block and not E*.
Remember it is DirecTV that was looking for a buyer and not E*
Remember it is DirecTV that has been losing millions of dollars since day one with no signs of showing a profit while E*, though still losing money, has been turning things in the right direction every quarter.
Remember it was E* and not DirecTV that showed a positive EBITDA eventhough DirecTV had a two year head start.
And remember that EVERY cellular phone company out there that is making money GIVES away its phones. These phose wholesale for $150-$800 depending on the model and are sold for $0.01-$150.

See ya
Tony

BTW---I am now getting the same thing as Kevin at the Echostar. org. I sent jbuff an e-mail about Swiki, but I don't expect a reply.

See ya
Tony

·
Icon
524 Posts
Originally posted by TNGTony
Frapp,

You are entitled to your opinion. However:

Remember it's DirecTV that was on the auction block and not E*.
Remember it is DirecTV that was looking for a buyer and not E*
Remember it is DirecTV that has been losing millions of dollars since day one with no signs of showing a profit while E*, though still losing money, has been turning things in the right direction every quarter.
Remember it was E* and not DirecTV that showed a positive EBITDA eventhough DirecTV had a two year head start.
And remember that EVERY cellular phone company out there that is making money GIVES away its phones. These phose wholesale for $150-$800 depending on the model and are sold for $0.01-$150.

See ya
Tony

BTW---I am now getting the same thing as Kevin at the Echostar. org. I sent jbuff an e-mail about Swiki, but I don't expect a reply.

See ya
Tony
Echostar Pom-Pom aknowledged :lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
In my statement, what is incorrect?
What is skewed towards E* and againsd DirecTV?
What info is misleading?
What info is nothing but bias?

I take exception to being labeled a "pom-pom waiver" when I try very hard to be fair. If there is something that E* is doing wrong or DirecTV is doing right I am among the first to critisize or praise.

So why a pom-pom and not just facts disputing an errant claim motivated by either lack of knowledge or by an anti-pom-pom or just malice?

These are real questions Frapp. I really wonder what makes my comment a pom-pom and therefore not worth anyone's real consideration due to bias? And what makes your coment the unvarnished truth even though it is incorrect (either inadvertantly or by design)?

See ya
Tony

·
AllStar
62 Posts
On the "Dish can't make a good receiver..." line... I'd agree if it was modified to "Dish can't make a good PVR receiver". The 301 is one of the best/reliable basic DBS receivers ever.

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Lets correct that, Dish makes great receivers. They just write bad software. :)

I have never had any hardware issues with my Dish Network equipment, all my problems have been with the software.

And please please please stop talking about Pom Poms, everytime I hear that I start looking around for one of those cheerleaders in a realy short skirt. (But I never find one!) :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.