DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved 10b yesterday and have several 'features' that do not make sense.

Many of my programs set to record now show (X)* (this is a reddot with and 'X" through it followed by an asterisk) instead of the old (R) for show recording.
I'm going to guess this show a program that should be recorded but will not be for some reason.

The show 'Nova' is one of them and it was not recorded, I checked the history area (I belive this now should work) and it shows all programs set for future recording are now all canceled with no reason.

Any Ideas? Should delete and re-add all my items set for recording?

Thoughts -

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
mdickson said:
I recieved 10b yesterday and have several 'features' that do not make sense.

Many of my programs set to record now show (X)* (this is a reddot with and 'X" through it followed by an asterisk) instead of the old (R) for show recording.
I'm going to guess this show a program that should be recorded but will not be for some reason.

The show 'Nova' is one of them and it was not recorded, I checked the history area (I belive this now should work) and it shows all programs set for future recording are now all canceled with no reason.

Any Ideas? Should delete and re-add all my items set for recording?

Thoughts -
The (X)* usually means there is a conflict and the show will not record. You should check your recordings and verify whether there is a conflict.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vinny said:
The (X)* usually means there is a conflict and the show will not record. You should check your recordings and verify whether there is a conflict.
There is no conflict on any of them.
All shows I've set the HR20 to record are 'canceled'.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
mdickson said:
There is no conflict on any of them.
All shows I've set the HR20 to record are 'canceled'.
A reboot will cause the history to say canceled, however the To Do List will still have programs scheduled to record. Your HR20 probably got the new update today.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DVDKingdom said:
A reboot will cause the history to say canceled, however the To Do List will still have programs scheduled to record. Your HR20 probably got the new update today.
Sounds like that could be it - thanks

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
mdickson said:
Orange Ball X is explained under Recording Conflicts page 5 of the Tips and Tricks. The orange star mean that this is an autorecord.

The star next to it is actually a potential for greater long-temr nightmares for you. Many have had problems with Autorecord and report much better luck using Series Links instead if possible.

Autorecord is broken because Search is broken.
Search is broken because Channels I Receive is broken.

There is more on that in the Wish List Survey.

The links are below.

- Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.