DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Godfather
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to force the download to see if it was still available,4:15am Eastern time. My info says I still have the OXfa software. I called D* and they said it might take an hour to show up. She said the x108 was the software I had downloaded. Should it take an hour to show up? That doesn't make sense to me.

· Hall Of Fame
1,743 Posts
bigwad said:
I just tried to force the download to see if it was still available,4:15am Eastern time. My info says I still have the OXfa software. I called D* and they said it might take an hour to show up. She said the x108 was the software I had downloaded. Should it take an hour to show up? That doesn't make sense to me.
It shouldn't take an hour to show up. As soon as the download starts the HR20 DVR tells you what it's downloading. To verify what version you have.

Menu->Help & Settings->Setup->Info & Test
Look for Past upgrade.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
And right now... 0x104; 0x108; 0x10B are no longer in the stream.
Just 0xFA

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
bigwad said:
I talked to a guy at D* and he said he was sending me the x108 and I should see it within 12-24 hours. Was he just feeding me a line of c**p?
I think it was a CSR that was a little tired at work.
No one on the CSR level has the authority or the ability to target a software version to a specific box.

I am sure it is possible they can "request" it to be done, but that would be about the extent of it.

Anyone calling DirecTV right now about 0x104, 0x108, or 0x10B should not be. It is not a national release, the CSRs if they have any information on them, is going to be limited at best.

If you missed the windows..... that is it.. you will have to wait till either the national release... or anothe opportunity comes up.. (which right now... I am not expecting again for a few weeks at best).

· AllStar
92 Posts
Good Morning all,
I am PO'ed!!!! I was ready right at 11 last night and I started the forced download and it timed out on me 3 times. I started the download one last time at 1:15am eastern and it was trying to download it and I checked this morning, and no 0108. They needed to do a longer window in my opinion. The volume of people trying to download it made it as slow as trying to do it on a sunday during a football game. I appreciate them giving us the window, but come on, give us a little more time!!

Sorry to rant but I had to vent about this, I feel a little better now.

Lowry
Apopka, FL

· Mentor
30 Posts
bigwad said:
I just tried to force the download to see if it was still available,4:15am Eastern time. My info says I still have the OXfa software. I called D* and ....... .
Called D*??!!!! :confused: Why would you do that? I thought for sure i read not to!! :nono2:

· RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
Lowry666 said:
The volume of people trying to download it made it as slow as trying to do it on a sunday during a football game.

Lowry
Apopka, FL
It makes no difference how many people are downloading 1person or 2 million, the sat has no idea how many people are receiving the signal. They just sends the update inside the stream that is going on 24/7 365.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.