DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My impressions--- can't tell you about 104 as I never had it. But 108 offered huge improvements in Trick play smoothness and instant skip back. But still some observations.

Slip ahead more fluid and by 10B you won't think about not having SKIP ahead.

Slow motion--embarassing with company to use--tricky, starts up in just under two seconds only if the green progress bar isn't there, otherwise doesn't count the 1-2 seconds you wait while it "times out" and goes away. frustrating when you are trying to replay something right after it happens. One button slow mo much better--why not pause where you want it anf then one of the trick play buttons is immediately slow mo from there--most obvious if FF so you can begin in the slowest and each flick of the button increases speed.

Skip back-108 seemed to improve this and make it consistant, but 10B seems to have done something different. Often while watching live TV, when I press skip back it simply freeze frames for 3-4 seconds before it goes back. !)* as far as I remember was an instant skip back. Anyone else have observations?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
mgcsooner said:
My impressions--- can't tell you about 104 as I never had it. But 108 offered huge improvements in Trick play smoothness and instant skip back. But still some observations.

Slow motion--embarassing with company to use--tricky, starts up in just under two seconds only if the green progress bar isn't there, otherwise doesn't count the 1-2 seconds you wait while it "times out" and goes away. frustrating when you are trying to replay something right after it happens. One button slow mo much better--why not pause where you want it anf then one of the trick play buttons is immediately slow mo from there--most obvious if FF so you can begin in the slowest and each flick of the button increases speed.

Skip back-108 seemed to improve this and make it consistant, but 10B seems to have done something different. Often while watching live TV, when I press skip back it simply freeze frames for 3-4 seconds before it goes back. !)* as far as I remember was an instant skip back. Anyone else have observations?
Slow motion is so useless on this box, I can't even remember how to activate it.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Before I did a 6 sec back press and it took me back more than 6 seconds. Likely closer to 15 seconds. I am going to try this again and if I see the same I will report back, If I don;t report back then we can assume it was a one time glitch.

mgcsooner said:

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
Slow motion is so useless on this box, I can't even remember how to activate it.
Hold down the play button for slo mo.

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Since I upgraded to 10B, the skip back seems to be much more erratic in terms of how long it takes to occur. It will skip back six seconds from what I can tell, but often it hangs a good second or so before it actually does it. I felt before it was much more instantaneous.

·
Icon
764 Posts
I think with 10B that the back is smoother. I hated that jerky jump from some frame to another frame every couple seconds that was in FA. So far I THink its smoother, but still don't think its a smooth as my Tivo was.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
72 Posts
I upgraded to 10B also, and I've noticed a difference with 10B. Before 10B I could hold the skip back button down and it would take me to the beginning of a recorded program. Now with 10B, when I hold the skip back button down, it does not take me back to the beginning of the program. I've tried with both, IR and RF.

Holding the jump forward button still takes me to the end of the program though.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,060 Posts
wheelswagz said:
I upgraded to 10B also, and I've noticed a difference with 10B. Before 10B I could hold the skip back button down and it would take me to the beginning of a recorded program. Now with 10B, when I hold the skip back button down, it does not take me back to the beginning of the program. I've tried with both, IR and RF.

Holding the jump forward button still takes me to the end of the program though.
I went from FA to 10B. I've found that both Replay (Skip Back) and Slip now work as expected EXCEPT when I first press Play to see the status. Then Skip back becomes erratic and if pressed 3 times will simply go back to play mode (removes Status Bar).

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
PoitNarf said:
Hold down the play button for slo mo.
After I switched to RF, holding the play button became more on/off then steady on. So the 6sec press and hold never registers. No SloMo.

If I switch back to IR every thing is normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.