DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been a great week to buy. Purchased a RCA UTV unit for $150 w/ a $100 rebate and got Circuit City to match their internet price on a Pioneer XM900 for $150. Then I handed them my D* coupon for $50 off. Total for XM $201 w/free install. I think I've had just about the best week buying ever:D

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
I think XM looks really good, but I still haven't been won over on the idea of having to PAY to listen to the radio. I guess I'm part of that old generation that remembers when things were cheaper. LOL

·
Godfather
334 Posts
You've already given in to the idea of PAYING to watch TV. Hey Ogre, remember when that was FREE?

·
AllStar
58 Posts
DBSOgre...ummm, aren't you 17? Not that I'm that much older, but how can you be part of that "old generation"? :)

benjaminmarle...how'd you get the CC rep to take your d*/xm rebate? I went in about a week ago and they told me they couldn't combine D*'s offer with their free install promotion.

·
Godfather
258 Posts
You guys make me feel ancient! When I was a kid it was a big deal to have a COLOR TV and all they played on FM was classical or elevator music! We had never even heard of a VCR or a microwave oven! :ewww:

·
Legend
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Jeigh, First off they had to match their online price. The store had it for 199.99. The website had it for 149.99. I also had a D* coupon for $50 off. Being a promotional coupon they had to take it. CC is going to get the money back from the manufacturer anyway. Free install is advertised at the store and in their flyer. They can't change their advertisement just because they matched their own price and a promo coupon. And I don't care that I have to pay to listen to it, so far it has been well worth it. Great sound, I still have yet to hear a commercial other than station ID, and I've hear music I haven't heard for awhile and music I would have never heard listening to FM. Can't wait till I really have a road trip out of the area.

·
AllStar
58 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm probably heading back to CC today and try my luck with another rep (The guy I asked last time looked like he was in a bad mood). They already have the receiver listed in the store at $150 so I won't have to worry about getting them to match price their own ad. Wish me luck.

The wife and I are going on a 10 hour trip this upcoming weekend so it'll be a great chance to play with XM.

·
Legend
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck, and let us know how well the xm performed on its trip.

·
Legend
172 Posts
I would be interested in deals on any kind of home-use unit for satellite radio.

I think at this point, I would be more interested in XM, but would take Sirius if I can get equipment for roughly $100 cheaper. My theory is that I don't want to pay as much up front if I'll be paying more per month. Plus I think I would like the XM channel selection slightly better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.