DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· New Member
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DirecTV must not be in the giving spirit this holiday season.

How can they justify providing some of the Holiday Music channels to customers?

Are you telling me I have to pay extra to listen to channel 824 Holly? By far the most popular of the Holiday music channels, I'm sure.

I hate the way they keep trying to squeeze a dollar out of you here and there!

RESPONSE FROM D*CUSTOMER SERVICE:

Thanks for writing about Holly channel 824. This channel is available on our TOTAL CHOICE PLUS programming package. I understand how you feel about not enjoying this channel and I have forwarded your comment to DIRECTV management.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,777 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think that all the holiday music stations are available to all programming packages. Not only are they broadcasting the holiday music on the normal XM stations (800's), but the holiday music stations are also being broadcast on separate channels (forget the actual numbers, but they're in the low 100's).
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
92 Posts
f_javierny said:
DirecTV must not be in the giving spirit this holiday season.

How can they justify providing some of the Holiday Music channels to customers?

Are you telling me I have to pay extra to listen to channel 824 Holly? By far the most popular of the Holiday music channels, I'm sure.

I hate the way they keep trying to squeeze a dollar out of you here and there!
I was at a friends house over the weekend that gets Diectv and the holiday music channels were in the low 100's. I know Holly was there but didn't see the Traditions channel though.
 

· DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
155 Posts
Kapeman said:
The channels are 106-109.

I had to manually add them to my custom channel list to see them.
I went to those channels in the 100s and I still don't get Holly.
I get the message to subscribe and call the 800 number.

grinches and scrooges apparently at DirecTV this Christmas season.

I really don't want to pay the extra $5 a month for the Total Choice Plus because none of the extra channels really appeal to my wife and I.
We already have HBO and the HD package. Not worth paying the extra money for those SD channels which we probably wouldn't watch.

Does DirecTV charge a fee to change drop down a service?
I'd consider adding the Plus for the rest of the year if I could drop back to TC after the holidays. I don't however want to pay a $10 surcharge to do this.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,463 Posts
briang5000 said:
Does DirecTV charge a fee to change drop down a service?
I'd consider adding the Plus for the rest of the year if I could drop back to TC after the holidays. I don't however want to pay a $10 surcharge to do this.
D* does not charge any fee to change your basic package up or down. The only fee charged for premium channel packages is a $10 fee for disconnecting a premium service in the first 30 days, and that was brought on (for example) by people ordering HBO or Showtime for a fight and turning it off the next day. Premium services are sold as a monthly subscription and D* is charged for them that way whether they are on an account for 1 day or 30, so D* had to take the disconnect fee step to stop the abuse.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,463 Posts
f_javierny said:
DirecTV must not be in the giving spirit this holiday season.

How can they justify providing some of the Holiday Music channels to customers?

Are you telling me I have to pay extra to listen to channel 824 Holly? By far the most popular of the Holiday music channels, I'm sure.

I hate the way they keep trying to squeeze a dollar out of you here and there!
If you think D* is bad, try E*... you have to have their AT120 to get any holiday music at all!
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
Call them up and see if they will add you to this package as a Christmas gift until the 1st of January. Never know they might just say ok.

briang5000 said:
I went to those channels in the 100s and I still don't get Holly.
I get the message to subscribe and call the 800 number.

grinches and scrooges apparently at DirecTV this Christmas season.

I really don't want to pay the extra $5 a month for the Total Choice Plus because none of the extra channels really appeal to my wife and I.
We already have HBO and the HD package. Not worth paying the extra money for those SD channels which we probably wouldn't watch.

Does DirecTV charge a fee to change drop down a service?
I'd consider adding the Plus for the rest of the year if I could drop back to TC after the holidays. I don't however want to pay a $10 surcharge to do this.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,253 Posts
I think they should provide music for Romadon, or Yam Kippur, and Chanukah as well....... Oh well Happy Quanza!
 

· Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
26,619 Posts
Newshawk said:
If you think D* is bad, try E*... you have to have their AT120 to get any holiday music at all!
Given that AT120 is the same price as Total Choice and offers twice the music channels, I don't see that as a positive for DirecTV.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
798 Posts
Phroz said:
OP, I feel your pain.

Since we got Holly last year I assumed we'd be getting it again this year, but apparently not.
Special XM Holiday music channels on D*
Ch 106 Special Xmas-comedy
107 Holly- Contempory
108 Music city-Country
109 Classical Xmas
:)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top