DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
/sarcasm on
Maybe you have to pay $9.95/mo to get the SuperXM stereo package...like we have to pay to get HD.
/sarcasm off

Seriously, I just checked the 60's and 70's channel, was getting good stereo. Maybe your surround receiver settings got messed up.

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, missed out on XM stereo 9.95 upgrade, wouldn't surprise me;)

I checked sound from 3 different Direct boxes with 3 different receivers and they all sound the same, both speakers are putting out sound, same loudness, etc. I too listen to 60, 70 XM channels plus 833 Top Tracks and songs (like from Yes, Doors, Led Zepplin) are missing sounds that bounce back and forth between left and right channels or missing some sounds all together. I popped in CD and played the same songs to make sure it wasn't receiver. One receiver is HD20, the others are older style boxes, so resetting HD20 didn't help. Check my signal, no problems there. Getting to be annoying.

Any recommendations to troubleshoot or some else has same problem?

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
I noticed onmy surround receiver, using optical, and Denon set to auto, it switches to Dolby Prologic2 when I go to an XM channel, and the vocals tend to come from the center speaker while the instrumentals come from the L and R speakers but lack separation. I switch that off and go to plain old two channel stereo mode, and get the good separation I'm used to.

Also check the speakers and make sure one of them isn't hooked up out of phase (plus and minus reversed).

That's all I can think of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.