DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
I would love to see this studio (Hey XM are you listening?) I hear its a special "Floating" studio that is built in such a way that you dont even hear a note in the room next door to it. I think that is very cool.

I would have liked to have one of those rooms when I was a teenager, thinking about it my parents would have liked it too. :D

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Cool Reed!

I have been invited to spend a day at XM, just got to find the time to make the trip! It's my understanding that the new live perfomance studio is in heavy use, I understand that quite a few artists have booked time to record in that studio.

I am really interested in seeing the software they use for playback, as you may have seen or heard yesterday I got a suprise call from XM's 80's on 8 Morning Guy and Program Director Bruce Kelly. While I was on the phone he asked me to pick a song, which I did, I then heard him insert it into the playlist and heard him listening to the end of the song figuring how to mix the end of the song with a XM Jingle. This was all done on the fly. Very Very cool!

XM is claiming that they have the largest private network on Earth, and I believe them.

They are working on digitizing all 525 3 Hour Episodes of Americas Top 40 with Casey Kasem (sp?) Imagine how much space 1,575 HOURS of America's Top 40 will use, and thats not including all the music and specials being used by the other 60 channels which are produced in house at XM!

Thanks Reed for your report!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.