DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site is showing photos and offering beta downloads of XpSp1 that is due out later this summer. Think I will pass on the downloads, but the photo's are interesting. They are also offering a work around for the folks who are using a bootleg version of the Os, whom under normal circumstances would be blocked from receiving this Sp1, and there are alot of them out there. enjoy, Jackie

http://www.windowsxp.nu/

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
Just curious, but why would users of a pirated XP be unable to get SP1? I mean, the pirated version of XP is the same as a volume license edition and can use Windows Update the same.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
Okay, what they did was block the FCKGW key (by far the best known pirate corporate key), and issue the company wit the FCKGW key a new one. This doesn't block other piracy methods that require more work (actually generating a valid key for activation), nor does it block simply using a dfferent corp. key. Note, I in know way support piracy, as it is against the Biblical teaching to follow man's laws - I'm simply looking at this from a technical - what is MS doing to protect themselves - point of view.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.